Lab coats and safety glasses (1 Viewer)

SamChenDeagle

HSC
Does anyone know that if we need to buy our own lab coats and safety glasses for lab sessions in Physics?

cloche

Isobel
HSC
I'm not taking Physics, but I am taking Chemistry, and apparently the Co-op Bookshop will be selling lab coats in the Chemistry courtyard during Week 1, on:
Monday 10am-4pm, Tuesday 10am-2pm, Thursday 10am-2pm!

The e-mail I received also said that glasses can be purchased during the first lab session we have, so I assume it will be the same for Physics.

tennille

HSC
I didn't buy a lab coat until I was in third year. I think in Chemistry and Physics its optional. But I needed it for Biochemistry in third year.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You need to wear lab coats in the Chem labs now, it was made mandatory in S2 2007.

From an e-mail:

From 2008, laboratory coats must be worn in all laboratories in the School of Chemistry. Students who show up for their lab classes without a lab coat will not be permitted to remain in the lab.

So, make sure you purchase a lab coat BEFORE your first prac class, and remember to bring it along.

The Co-op Bookshop will be selling lab coats in the Chemistry Courtyard (just outside Chemistry Lecture Theatres 1&2) at the following times:

Monday March 3rd, 10am-4pm

Tuesday March 4th, 10am-2pm

Thursday March 6th, 10am-2pm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)