Laptop Specifications (1 Viewer)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,
I commence my first year at Wollongong University next year. Does anyone know if there are any specific laptop specifications needed for around campus? I'm looking into a windows operating system, not apple.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
^ lol

All you need is a laptop that works.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hi guys,
I commence my first year at Wollongong University next year. Does anyone know if there are any specific laptop specifications needed for around campus? I'm looking into a windows operating system, not apple.
Hi I will be there as well next year studying a Bachelors degree in medical health and sciences, the university preferably wants students to have a MacBook.

astroman

HSC
Get mac and run parralels with Windows on it through bootcamp for softwares only available on OSX or MS

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Hi I will be there as well next year studying a Bachelors degree in medical health and sciences, the university preferably wants students to have a MacBook.
source pls

OSX have some good computer applications (which is why some cs students prefer it) but it is not necessary

Get mac and run parralels with Windows on it through bootcamp for softwares only available on OSX or MS
dual boot

inb4lagginglikecray

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
They just 'recommend' it...
75% of the people in my tutes with laptops have macs. Once i went to a financial modelling tute and the tutor was discussing shortcuts to use in excel. The issue was that all these shortcuts were for windows and the majority of the class had macs, it was pretty fail.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
75% of the people in my tutes with laptops have macs. Once i went to a financial modelling tute and the tutor was discussing shortcuts to use in excel. The issue was that all these shortcuts were for windows and the majority of the class had macs, it was pretty fail.
let's face it; the people who use macbooks at uni are just trying to be cool :haha:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
It's like a divide between Windows and Mac, I prefer Windows but for next year I'm getting a MacBook.

astroman

HSC
im pretty sure excel for mac has the same shortcuts just different keys.
let's face it; the people who use macbooks at uni are just trying to be cool :haha:
no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)