laptops that cant move (1 Viewer)

sickk

HSC
i was playing around with a laptop at dicksmith the other day, and when i moved it it said something like warning the laptop is moving and it seemed like quite a big deal lol, one of my mates said in those little eepc things, you cant move them cause the harddrive gets ruined or something?

does that happen with most laptops? or jsut the little ones? and what exactly was happening lol

sladehk

le random
HSC
what?
i thought epcs were the ones that you can move coz the harddrives not moving?!
or am i confused

cassieagill

HSC
it was probs set up by the store,...although most of them are normally tied down somehow...so i don't understand how he moved it in the first place...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
it was probs set up by the store,...although most of them are normally tied down somehow...so i don't understand how he moved it in the first place...
You can generally move them slightly (seeing as it's generally pulltabs holding them in place).

sickk

HSC
no it came up on the screen, like it was built into the computer, it didnt seem like a store alarm thing

Peter_2222

Banned
HSC
I bought a Toshiba Qosmia x300 the other day. It is very sexy and stylish

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
i was playing around with a laptop at dicksmith the other day, and when i moved it it said something like warning the laptop is moving and it seemed like quite a big deal lol, one of my mates said in those little eepc things, you cant move them cause the harddrive gets ruined or something?

does that happen with most laptops? or jsut the little ones? and what exactly was happening lol
You can move them, just dont go crazy! (throwing it around)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
nah it comes with alot of the toshibas etc. It stops the needle from reading or something while its being moved. Potentially stops damage to the hard disk.
My mates toshiba satellite came with it. It's very annoying when your watching a movie, and move the laptop from the desk to the bed.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i can walk around with my laptop in hand and nothing goes wrong. I just gotta be a bit more steady when i have a cd/dvd running in the drive, but i've never had a hdd problem.

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
It sounds like that Lenovo/IBM active hard drive protection nonsense. The laptop itself can sense what angle the laptop is at and shuts down the hard drive if the user sets the movement sensitivity up high.

dog on heat

check it out uh uh uh uh
HSC
i rolled my bag down some stairs

then realised my laptop was in it

it was k though it was protected by my jumper

sort of

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)