LAT and ATARs, what am i doing (1 Viewer)

azaroarazenka

HSC
So I'm a year 12 student in sydney (and a first time forum poster, man this is weird) trying for psych / law next year. UNSW is good, but USYD looks pretty good too. I did the LAT last year (it's valid for 2 years, i think) and got a mark of 97, which is good i think. As for my ATAR, I'll probably get somewhere around 99 with any luck, as that is the average for my school (despite me bombing the hell out of 4u maths). Is this good enough for either UNSW or USYD, or should I be furiously grinding as of now? Also, what exactly are UAC's 'offer rounds', and what do they mean? (what is an early offer? What is 'unconditional'? does that mean you get an offer Before the HSC?? damn this is confusing)

Thanks!

idkkdi

HSC
So I'm a year 12 student in sydney (and a first time forum poster, man this is weird) trying for psych / law next year. UNSW is good, but USYD looks pretty good too. I did the LAT last year (it's valid for 2 years, i think) and got a mark of 97, which is good i think. As for my ATAR, I'll probably get somewhere around 99 with any luck, as that is the average for my school (despite me bombing the hell out of 4u maths). Is this good enough for either UNSW or USYD, or should I be furiously grinding as of now? Also, what exactly are UAC's 'offer rounds', and what do they mean? (what is an early offer? What is 'unconditional'? does that mean you get an offer Before the HSC?? damn this is confusing)

Thanks!
i think 97 lat and like 92 atar would get into unsw lmao

SilverEmber

HSC
wait, what? is this serious

If you check the LAT information page on UNSW's website you'll find this quote in one of the collapsible FAQs:
The median LAT score for 2022 entry was 75
source: /law-justice/study/undergraduate/law-admission-test

And on the UNSW page for Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)/Law:
2021 Lowest Selection Rank 92.9 + LAT

2021 Lowest ATAR 86.05*

source: /study/undergraduate/bachelor-of-psychology-honours-law?studentType=Domestic

In other words, you're all good. :)👍

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
This is a month late, but I'm in B Psych/Law at UNSW and you'll definitely be fine. People have gotten offers with much lower LAT + ATAR myself included LOL

addictedtobubbletea

HSC

Thanks!
To answer your second question, UAC's offer rounds basically allow you to change your degree preferences after receiving (or not receiving) an offer. Basically for if you change your mind / dont get any offers and need to put different courses. This is different to early entry, which different unis may offer either in a direct application to the uni, or through UAC's SRS. And yes, an unconditional offer means you get an offer before HSC (not as common), as compared to a conditional offer where you have to get say a minimum ATAR. (more common)

Hope this helpedd

4321suomynona

HSC

Thanks!
do u go ruse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)