latin exam scaling (1 Viewer)

*banaz*

HSC
hey, i was wondering whether any of you know if its a requirement to scale our latin raw marks for the internal assessment. I do latin via open high and i i'm pretty sure they're going to leave the marks as they stand but to me that sounds a bit wierd seeing as though all my other subjects are being scaled. So if anyone knows anything about it, plz let me know!

Porcia

HSC
i want to know the answer too! - i too do it through open high!

shafqat

HSC
N/A
remember the actual marks your school gives as assessment marks wont really matter, as they will be scaled eventually anyway. only your rank and the gaps in marks between candidates matters.

although i dont know the situation at open high with rankings and all.

*banaz*

HSC
there are only 5 people in my HSC class i think, although i don't know them. So we can only get a ranking out of 5. I'm really confused about what even happens. Like how come the marks don't matter? I know the ranks are used for the UAI but yeah shouldn't the mark that we get count coz our hsc mark will be an average of that and the one we get in the actual hsc?

shafqat

HSC
N/A
go to the UAI guidance forum, i think there may be an FAQ on this issue somewhere

roger_federer

HSC
*banaz* said:
hey, i was wondering whether any of you know if its a requirement to scale our latin raw marks for the internal assessment. I do latin via open high and i i'm pretty sure they're going to leave the marks as they stand but to me that sounds a bit wierd seeing as though all my other subjects are being scaled. So if anyone knows anything about it, plz let me know!
just do as best you can and in the end latin will take care of itself. dont get caught up in the scaling...its an unnecessary distraction

justchillin

HSC
as someone outlined before, it doesnt mean anything what mark u get so long as ur the top rank because it is your school's top HSC mark that will give you, if you are the top rank, your course mark... this having been said [ablative absolute:)], i'd be worried with a really really low mark cauz they dun make the HSC easy, especially in Extension...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
*banaz* said:
Like how come the marks don't matter? I know the ranks are used for the UAI but yeah shouldn't the mark that we get count coz our hsc mark will be an average of that and the one we get in the actual hsc?
Your moderated assessment marks are put towards your HSC marks, not your raw assessment marks.

Everyone in your class (or at the Open High School centre) will be assigned a moderated assessment mark based on their assessment ranking, how far ahead of or behind the other students they are and how the class performs as a whole on the HSC exam.

Refer to this thread.

giri

HSC
Hmm...so the gaps between ppl in assessments do actually count....doh...euh.....ah well...just gonna go blindly into the HSC, do my best and let it all work itself out...control what u can control and play the game i spose...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)