latin - how do you study? (1 Viewer)

aimstar

HSC
I did hsc latin and latin ext last year and got 50 in ext and 96 in latin, just giving u this so i may persuade u to study the way i did haha- my main tip is learn the seen translations anyway u can, i just translated them over and over to the point where i pretty much had it memorised, i used the latin as my guide- focus on getting ur seen translations perfect, they will be the easiest marks u get in the whole hsc. For grammar, I had notes on basic grammar and I also wrote above the words in my texts, eg. present subjunctive. For stylistics, just know ur techniques, get used to looking for repeated sounds, alliteration, especially words with m and n, which creates gravitas. For unseen, dont just go for it, devise yourself a method of how you will go about it. And good luck!

Porcia

HSC
woah ok ill make sure ill remember the vocab list...thanks aeneas

aimstar

HSC
Very true about the techniques Aeneas, but regarding the vocab list, I'm not sure if I agree, 2 other girls in my class and I sectioned it into three parts and all wrote out the meanings of each word. It was a pretty big waste of time for me, since I was so busy studying for everything else that I never even looked at the lists. I found that you end up doing so much latin everyday during year 12 that the important words stick, and as for the other words you arent sure of, use derivations I say! If you have time however, definitely go with the advice of Aeneas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)