LAW 2007 - Orientation Day (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
Dear All New Law Students,

Just a quick message to check out the Law Students' Association's features on Orientation Day. We are planning an advocacy exercise you might be interested in. It will form part of our Legal Skills Series which is a perfect oppurtunity for all interested in furthering their careers.

These activities will be happening straight after the Orientation Day formal induction, so make sure you make time to stick around for them.

Regards,

JA
President
UWS Law Students' Association

http://www.uwslsa.com/2006/nmod.html

PS: feel free to ask any questions about our association and law in general in this thread or in person on orientation day.

Last edited:

aleco88

HSC
which campus,what time, which building?
couln't find the details
thanks for any information

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
aleco88 said:
which campus,what time, which building?
couln't find the details
thanks for any information
I'd assume after all the orientation stuff is done on the 21st feb...it says at the moot courts but which one? I know theres one at parra...

Jonathan A

HSC
There are moot courts on both campuses. The LSA and Law staff will inform you where to go. Both campuses will have a moot.

*sasha*

HSC
do we have a law camp? coz every other uni seems to be going on about theirs so im just curious if uws has one too?

Jonathan A

HSC
*sasha* said:
do we have a law camp? coz every other uni seems to be going on about theirs so im just curious if uws has one too?

We will not be holding a law camp this year. However we will have a Mid-semester party at the Roxy. Not to mention, our Association is concentrating on other events in place of the law camp (such as a Young Lawyers evening and seminars) - these obviously have more merit in career-terms. Having said that, please do let us know of your ideas.

Note you are welcome to attend ALSA in Canberra in July. We usually have big teams going down and you can go as a general delegate.

*sasha*

HSC
ooh sounds good. and whats the ALSA? and im guessing the law ball's at the end of the year?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
What happened to the bbq you promised:O
I want my $5 for joining back!

Jonathan A

HSC
Haha

Well - you should read the print on the website which notes that the information is in good faith. That is known as a disclaimer and in torts you will know about disclaimers in Negligent Misstatements. Either way, the LSA provided a BBQ at Campbelltown, however the UWSSA will provide one next week when we have our stall open again.

You can take your $5 back if you really want to - however remember your future prospects and what was discussed today. I hope though that you picked up some useful info today about the Law School.

Thanks to all those who joined, etc...

Hope to see you all round in the future.

(Law Ball is in December).

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
Haha

Well - you should read the print on the website which notes that the information is in good faith. That is known as a disclaimer and in torts you will know about disclaimers in Negligent Misstatements. Either way, the LSA provided a BBQ at Campbelltown, however the UWSSA will provide one next week when we have our stall open again.

You can take your $5 back if you really want to - however remember your future prospects and what was discussed today. I hope though that you picked up some useful info today about the Law School.

Thanks to all those who joined, etc...

Hope to see you all round in the future.

(Law Ball is in December).
You can keep the $5...i like the bag:p
You spoke well in the moot today however I didn't get to stay till the end. Bad idea leaving the student ID stuff to today...I was in line for around an hour and a half ><.

Chances are you'll see me around in the future...I'm the kind of person who gets overtly involved in most stuff.

g_dob

HSC
hey so is that it for orientation? i only went to the law 1 today but i though there would be all these activities- how my friends are describing their uni orientations...?

*sasha*

HSC
i think so? although we apparently have a welcome week too where they have stalls and little fun things located around the uni in our first week.. at least thats what ive heard. but yeah i dont think its as huge as unsw's orientation week or anything

Jonathan A

HSC
I don't take anything seriously where comments such as 'way too much' are used.

The LSA is trying its best to promote the university and get students like yourself out there. If you wanna be in the loop, then do so, if not, continue what you are doing. Either way, we are always there if you need anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)