Law Reform (1 Viewer)

muffinscribble

HSC
The parliaments are involved in law reform by passing or not passing Bills in the Upper and Lower house. But I'm confused on what the difference between the Labour, Liberal and Green parties are. i.e. on the subject of same sex marriage, why is the Liberal against it, and who makes these decisions to agree or disagree on issues such as this? What if someone on the Liberal party decided to vote FOR same sex marriage. Would he/she have to move parties?
The last thing is does the Liberal always oppose the Labour party?

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
The idea of political parties is that they represent views of different people in society. Labor is more commonly associated with the working class and Liberals with the upper class.
Political parties in Australia have been around for a long time and have values embedded within them, their views in relation to things such as gay marriage is based on the values embedded within the party and is intended to be a reflection of the views of the people they represent.
People in the parties can have differing views but mainly hold core beliefs.

No they don't always oppose them on issues, in certain cases they can support the same thing.

I'm not an expert on this stuff but I hope I helped

Not sure why this is essential to your legal studies study though :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)