Leading Edge June Lectures: Zenith Theatre (1 Viewer)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Leading Edge Lectures

Another set of lectures is coming up on the 6th June in Zenith Theatre. Who’s gonna come again? I’m guessing the guys who left early last time won’t be there :p

Edit By Without Wings
Student Conferences
Each session focuses on bringing students up to date with the latest statistical data, with the current issues, plus each student receives comprehensive study notes from the speakers.

Dates
Tuesday June 6 – CHATSWOOD – Zenith Theatre (250 Capacity)
Thursday June 8 – CITY - WESLEY THEATRE (500 Capacity)

Tuesday August 29 – CHATSWOOD – Zenith Theatre (250 Capacity)
Thursday August 31– CITY – Wesley Conference Centre - Lyceum Theatre (230 capacity)

Cost (GST inclusive)
$30.00 per student.
Teachers accompanying students are admitted free of charge.

Topics Covered
External stability and the Australian economy in 2006
• Indicators of external stability
• Australia’s balance of payments, foreign liabilities and exchange rate
• External stability and the policy mix

Economic issues in Australia
• Australia’s recent unemployment performance
• Australia’s recent inflation performance
• Inequality and environmental issues in Australia

Fiscal policy and the Federal Budget 2006-07
• Role of fiscal policy in the economic policy mix
• Key features of the 2006-07 Federal Budget
• Impacts of the Federal Budget on the Australian economy

Monetary Policy in 2006
• Role of monetary policy in the economic policy mix
• The stance of Monetary Policy in 2006
• Impacts of interest rate changes on the Australian economy

For more information on the Conferences see here.

Holiday Workshops
The HSC Economics Revision workshops provide a review of each HSC Economics course topic – The Global Economy, Australia's Place in the Global Economy, Economic Issues and Economic Management. Each workshop will present a clear overview of the key issues in the course. Strong emphasis is placed on analysing how all of these important concepts interact - giving a better appreciation of the 'big picture'.

Dates & Cost
HSC Economics Revision Workshop 3 – 10-11 July (Mon + Tues)
Choice of morning or afternoon sessions for this 2-day workshop
(Morning session: 9.00am-12.45pm | Afternoon session: 1.15pm-5.00pm) Price: $176.00
PLUS 13-14 July (Thu + Fri)
Afternoon session only available for this 2-day workshop: (1.15pm-5.00pm) Price: $176.00

HSC Advanced Economics Workshop – 12 July (Wed)
Morning session only available for this 1-day workshop (9.00am-12.45pm) Price: $110.00

HSC Economics Exam Strategy Workshop – 13-14 July (Thurs + Fri)
Morning session only available for this 2-day workshop (9.00am-12.45pm) Price: $176.00

For more information on the Holiday Workshops see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

P_Dilemma

HSC
Lotta z's were floating around this time.

you are getting sleepy... sleepy...

Well, to be fair, John O'Mahoney was good. I believe most people thought that Tim Riley, including one of my teachers, was kinda... how to say it?... Zzzzzzzz...

-P_D

kelly_xxx

HSC
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING?
OMG!!!
Tim Riley was the BEST!!! I GASP at the thought that anyone thought Riley was boring... although my friends did fell asleep during his session... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

He was SooO engaging and links economics to the REAL WORLD!!! I got his autograph by the way :D HAHA and also Tim Dixon's... it's sitting neatly on my orange folder. I can't believe people actually fell asleep during the thing, like i tuned out during some of it, but most of the time it was rather engaging! Although the stuff was repetitive, it was reinforcing nonetheless. Tim Riley is a real economist..!!!!!

HSC
Ohh... i forgot to bring my book to get his autograph...

i thought John was really good, tooo .. but i came back from lunch a little late -___-" ..

Tim scared me..

i still dont get how to draw and link the bugdet to keynesian eco.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'll be going to the holiday workshops on Monday, Tueday and Wednesday.

HSC
i forgot to bring my leading egde textbook ...

No autograph..... ..

Yeah haha Happy bday parker !!

Monstar

HSC
lol how stupid were those girls down at the front.. making so much noiise and being complete idiots. They asked dumb questions as well.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Haha, Tim Dixon is a pretty good Tutor!! You guys are pretty lucky to still have him running Workshops, because both he's a busy man. I think Claudia told me that John left Leading edge as well to go Finanical Review.

Btw, be careful of the notes that Leading Edge produces, some sections may be abit too informative, and it may run abit into University style eco. A good point is to just remember 2-3 pieces of statistics for each of the 4 major topics for HSC.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed, Tim Dixon is good.

My school had him come in for half a day and give a series of personalised lectures.
All involved left the session with a much improved ability of relating economic theory to contemporary situations. And thats the essential thing that most people miss out on. Hes a good speaker, and has great up to date notes as well.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Totally dude, spot on. Aw you're a lucky guy, everytime I saw Tim was only in conferences. Leading edge is starting to utilise its tutors more rather than the book authors themselves.

Btw lol in the Holiday workshops esp the exam strategy, tell me whether claudia takes up the story, where she says that her family's really loud with 'funniest home videos' and radios for the FM CLIPT strategy.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Btw lol in the Holiday workshops esp the exam strategy, tell me whether claudia takes up the story, where she says that her family's really loud with 'funniest home videos' and radios for the FM CLIPT strategy.
I went to the exam strategy workshop in April and she did tell the story with the radio, and said something similar with her whole family being too noisy.

501n2u

HSC
Are the student conference/lectures in August only for yr12s? Can yr11s attend?

P_Dilemma

HSC
if you pay, you can go. Just tell ur teahers that you won't be at school on the day, hehehe...

-P_D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)