Legal studies crime essay predictions 2020? (1 Viewer)

dunno919

HSC
Does anyone have any predictions for what the crime essay might be this year? I have a feeling they might go specific with police powers or something...or maybe international crime cause it was done poorly?

caibaz

HSC
My Teacher has put his money on Law Reform or something regarding the criminal trial process :)

Last edited:

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have any predictions for what the crime essay might be this year? I have a feeling they might go specific with police powers or something...or maybe international crime cause it was done poorly?
Idk i feel like it could be discretion as this has been the main controversy and headlines over the news this year eg- riots, protests, brutal police powers, george floyd.

teddy123

HSC
Idk i feel like it could be discretion as this has been the main controversy and headlines over the news this year eg- riots, protests, brutal police powers, george floyd.
There was a discretion question in the 2018 paper so i have doubts it will re appear. My money is on young offenders or international

studiesofboard

HSC
I don't think it will be international crime. It was done so poorly as you said and plus due to COVID-19 disruption they may not want to put stress on us. Although markers are bastards. :)

studiesofboard

HSC
I am thinking criminal investigation, young offenders or sentencing and punishment. Plus how are you guys studying for that section because I am struggling. :(

beetree1

HSC
I don't think it will be international crime. It was done so poorly as you said and plus due to COVID-19 disruption they may not want to put stress on us. Although markers are bastards. :)
They finalise the paper by like March (which was a bit before covid got rlly big) so they wouldnt have considered any of this when writing the paper!

Does anyone think they could ask the post-sentencing question again

beetree1

HSC
My teacher predicted theyll put another FKED up question like discuss effectiveness of legal defences :/

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
They finalise the paper by like March (which was a bit before covid got rlly big) so they wouldnt have considered any of this when writing the paper!

Does anyone think they could ask the post-sentencing question again
I don't think so. Maybe in a few years time, they may repeat the question but as for this year, it was only last years question so I hope not.

beetree1

HSC
I don't think so. Maybe in a few years time, they may repeat the question but as for this year, it was only last years question so I hope not.
But for economics they asked the same question 3 years in a row bc it was done badly so

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
But for economics they asked the same question 3 years in a row bc it was done badly so
There's still a possibility that it can happen. But it's never happened for legal before, only a few years down the track, but then yet again, they've never asked a question as hard as this, so we really don't know. We can just hope for the best

beetree1

HSC
There's still a possibility that it can happen. But it's never happened for legal before, only a few years down the track, but then yet again, they've never asked a question as hard as this, so we really don't know. We can just hope for the best
welp i really hope theydont ask anything too crazy or i will just cry on my exam paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)