Legal Studies We Were Plain Ripped Off (1 Viewer)

lukey15#

HSC
"The chief examiner and the supervisor of marking will assess each student's response and if necessary modify the marking guidelines to ensure students get an appropriate mark," she said.
"aND IF NECCASARY" WHAT A JOKE HOW CAN THEY EVEN THINK OF MARKING SOMETHING THAT WE DID'NT LEARN. WE DID'NT STUDY FOR. they played us for fools and now we lose out. BOS YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN JUST THAT. THAT IS SO UNFAIR WE WERE EXPECTED TO DO SOMETHING WE DID'NT LEARN. WHY OR HOW WAS THAT SECTION ABLE TO GO IN THERE ARN'T THEY SUPPOSE TO BE PER SYALLBUS AND BE CHECKED. tHEY MUST'NT HAVE BEEN AS WE ENDED UP WITH A QUESTION THEY MAY HAVE TESTED US ON ROCKET SCIENCE.

NO ONE AT MY SCHOOL HAD ANY IDEA ABOUT IT.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
*coughs* get over it *cough*

heard it all before. "my school didn't teach me this so the exam is big, bad and nasty now my whole life is ruined blah blah blah."

you win some you lose some, move on. theres bigger things to worry about in life than a 7 mark question in a legal studies exam.

put it into perspective for fucks sake.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
man, there are like so many thread discussing this topic on how unfair we were treated......GET OVER IT! if something is meant to be done about it, it will be done! stop making these useless repetitive threads!

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
well if u guys had studied thouroughly, you would have realised that in the chapter EFFECTIVENESS OF THE LAW, IT explains how minors have difficulty gaining access to the law. if u guys bothered to look up case studies which are vital for that section of CRIME you would have don well. i done so and i was able to answer the question fine. so GET OVER IT.

Smartie87

HSC
tell me again when u get 19/19.

1 pissy little paragraph isnt enuf to get 19 marks u idiot unless u blab on bout the same point for a few pages

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
yeh effectiveness of the law does discuss it .. it was only a VERY small relevance to the syllabus, but BOS doesnt hav particular guidelines for the crome question, just as long as its part of the syllabus which it is .. just coz its not a huge part of the syllabus DOESNT mean it cant b in the exam ... everyone has obviously stuffed the question so its not as if u are goin to get scaled down compared to others if everyone did as crap as u did on it

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
Smartie87 said:
tell me again when u get 19/19.

1 pissy little paragraph isnt enuf to get 19 marks u idiot unless u blab on bout the same point for a few pages
i was actually albe to write a booklet on just C and D. 8 pages is enough i think, and i didnt need to bs at all, the information was all there and i had taken the initiative to have a reserve of diveres case studies to apply ina ny situation, so yes i am expecting 19/19 or at least 16 or 17/19 for those two last questions ;P

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote 2 pages for C (mostly repetitive, shallow stuff, no real detail) and about 4 for D.

BTW no matter what the Board decides it probally wont affect me much. I got Illness/Misadventure for Legal as well as Eng Paper 2, and my moderated assesment mark will almost certainly be higher than the HSC exam mark (as it'll be in the 90s range). Nonetheless, the question was quite noticabely flawed, so im willing to fight it.

Last edited:

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
I have sent a complaint to Customer Liason and to the Director For Assessment (my teacher said that's where I should send my complaint). I posted the two page letter today - (which I have attached). It might be something you want to read - get an idea on what to write. Hopefully BOS will apologise, take the question out (maybe (d) too) and beg for our forgiveness - but sadly I don't think that will happen.

Edited at 3:23pm: I just got a reply from Customer Liason and they said "Your email has been forwarded to the relevant Branch for reply."

Edited at 3:28pm: And is there anyway Kutar Maggi can be banned - he is seriously annoying me and others

Last edited:

Smartie87

HSC
N e one do frontline for english? I say we get in contact with a certain mr ray martin... imagine how the current affairs programs would milk it for weeks ahah

Smartie87

HSC
then we can say sit on that board of studies with your '15' people who complained. I reckon scrap part d too. it couldnt be worth 12 marks. make the exam out of 81

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
also maybe send an email to your local member, ask them to bring it up in parliament or talk to the education minister. Also how about the newspapers, and Sunrise and Today show?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Smartie87 said:
N e one do frontline for english? I say we get in contact with a certain mr ray martin... imagine how the current affairs programs would milk it for weeks ahah
hhahahahahaha that is so true, do you realise that we can actually do that? all you have to do is call up channel nine current affairs, a friend of mine did it once like 3 years ago....her story didnt get thru

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Get the media involved, get the minister involved, and it suddenly becomes a P.R nightmare for them, it becomes a political issue for th egovernment etc. Then they may come out of denial. The question was flawed, they must see that. You have most of the states legal teachers complaining! Most students recognise its faults, hell you even had some in tears coming out of the exam room. There is a problem here. It is quite clear. The board just dont want to know about it.

Sure some may have been able to apply their knowledge to come up with some half decent response, however the fact remains, they CANNOT examine us on material that is not know. That is the purpose of the syllabus! To ensure continuity and provide that all students learn exactly the same material. Yes i did you logic and some of my knowledge to answer the question in a substandard way, but you cannot get the detail, and rip right into the issue without learning it. A response will always be shallow and general.

Last edited:

sly fly

HSC
lollll my thoughts exactly

oh and I reallyyy don't get what is so hard to understand about the fact that IT WAS NOT IN THE SYLLABUS......that's all there is to it really - that isn't too difficult a thing to comprehend

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't understand how a legal studies student could not answer that question?
That's what happens when people live and die by the syllabus and treat it as if its a religious text, and therefore rote learn the textbook as opposed to learning practical skills and ways to address different questions.

Zedmeister

Terminal Procrastinator
HSC
I think the Crime question really favoured people who didn't do much study but were able to improvise according to the question....

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)