Legally, am I allowed to release my HSC music 1 composition for digital distribution? (1 Viewer)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
Or is it property of the Board of Studies? Everyone I know has said to me that they'd buy it if it was on iTunes and the recording is CD quality.

johnnysins

HSC
Re: Legally, am I allowed to release my HSC music 1 composition for digital distribut

You composed it. It is your intellectual property. They just own the copies you sent them.

Jackson94

HSC
Re: Legally, am I allowed to release my HSC music 1 composition for digital distribut

You composed it. It is your intellectual property. They just own the copies you sent them.
Yer just because what you just said sounds fair doesn't mean it's correct, there are numerous times where even if it is your intellectual property submitting it removes your right to use it however you please. So in short I don't know the answer but I don't think this guy does either.

ReneeApple

HSC

I would think that if you weren't allowed to distribute it the board would have made you sign forms stating so. If they haven't given you any indication of your rights to distribute it I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. It's not as if they don't want you to because they are planning on releasing it at some point. I think that the only issue of contention here would be potential plagiarism, but I reckon that is the problem of the person who chooses to plagiarise. People upload essays and everything to here and it's legal. People upload photos of their art major works. There are extension 2 English major works all over the internet, such as videos on youtube and short stories on here.

I don't know what the right answer is but I don't think it would be a problem.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This.
You have the right as the artist. The board couldn't sue you or claim payment or anything.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

It's yours. The BOS just owns the stuff you sent them.

Also they would never sue you, if they tried they would be harassed by the media

HSC
N/A

If you do end up putting it up on youtube/itunes, post the link here!

I am interested in hearing it :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Why don't you check with the BOS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)