Legible or not? (1 Viewer)

MonKey1919

HSC
Recently got back my trials, and my teacher gave me a 12/20 because they were unable to decipher whole paragraphs of my essay even taking forty minutes to do so. To me, the writing seems very much readable even though some words may be hard to read, it shouldn't be impossible to read whole paragraphs. You guys reckon its legible or no?

Attachments

may22

HSC
I can read it alright..but some parts are very illegible. I have shocking writing myself, but I agree with @Life'sHard

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Remember, HSC markers are paid per paper. So if they cbb reading that, they'll just estimate a mark for you.

A1La5

HSC
I'll type out my interpretation of the last paragraph and see how much I get right:

"Therefore, Ibsen's ability as a dramatist to incorporate the ??? setting, characters, and issues of their own context, allows Ibsen to comment on his own world, whilst shifting our values to focus on identity (?). These values are universal, ??? (having?) everything (?) ... Ibsen's "A Doll House" to ??? over the ??? (in?) great success."

To be honest with everyone, I struggle with the same thing. When I write fast my legibility goes down the toilet as well :/

MonKey1919

HSC
I'll type out my interpretation of the last paragraph and see how much I get right:

"Therefore, Ibsen's ability as a dramatist to incorporate the ??? setting, characters, and issues of their own context, allows Ibsen to comment on his own world, whilst shifting our values to focus on identity (?). These values are universal, ??? (having?) everything (?) ... Ibsen's "A Doll House" to ??? over the ??? (in?) great success."

To be honest with everyone, I struggle with the same thing. When I write fast my legibility goes down the toilet as well :/
Ahahaha close enough. Yea I get it my writings ass xD. Its actually --> Therefore, Ibsen’s ability as a dramatist to incorporate the familiar setting, characters and issues of their own contexts, allows Ibsen to comment on his own world, whilst shifting our values to focus on individuality. These values are universal, thereby enabling Ibsen’s “A Doll’s House,” to endure over time and generate success.

Idk why I can read it but others can't. Maybe its a special talent.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
One way to make it easier to read is write bigger. The letters in your words are hard to read because they are crammed next to one another, so end up blending and it can be hard to work out what letter it is. If you write bigger they will naturally be more spaced and easier to work out what letter they are. In the HSC you can ask for extra writing paper so writing bigger won't affect that

MonKey1919

HSC
One way to make it easier to read is write bigger. The letters in your words are hard to read because they are crammed next to one another, so end up blending and it can be hard to work out what letter it is. If you write bigger they will naturally be more spaced and easier to work out what letter they are. In the HSC you can ask for extra writing paper so writing bigger won't affect that
CHEERS VERY SOLID ADVICE

sab13562

HSC
Recently got back my trials, and my teacher gave me a 12/20 because they were unable to decipher whole paragraphs of my essay even taking forty minutes to do so. To me, the writing seems very much readable even though some words may be hard to read, it shouldn't be impossible to read whole paragraphs. You guys reckon its legible or no?
You definitely need to fix your writing. No matter the quality, if it's hard to read/illegible HSC markers won't bother. They have hundreds of papers to mark and won't spend their time trying to read someone's handwriting. You don't want a 12/20 when you could of gotten a potential 19/20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)