Length + amount of textual evidence? (struggling to use a writer) (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Hey guys,

Best of luck to any fellow 2015ers in the coming weeks...

In my trial exams, I found it extremely hard to get out essays as long as would be ideal - I have a problem with my right thumb so I user a writer, and the speed at which they go isn't ideal. In the time I have (46 minutes per section), I can't get out more than 900 words.

To make up for that, I still kept up doing 4 quotes/techniques per paragraph, but shortened my analysis and references to context and so forth.

So, it is worth dropping to 3 quotes/techniques per paragraph in order to achieve more analysis?

Cheers,
swagmeister

astroman

HSC
What's wrong with 900 words? I know some people that got 20/20 for writing around 900 words.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Short quotes may be better then longer case, if you are struggling with writing enough?

swagmeister

HSC
Short quotes may be better then longer case, if you are struggling with writing enough?
So I counted one of my trial essays and I did hit 1000 words, 15.5/20 for it though. Used 3-4 techniques per paragraph - the analysis wasn't linked enough to the speakers purpose (one statement was literally '...using hypophora as she states "How do I know this?," causing the audience to question her credibility before she employs significant evidence, acutely conveying her point' hahaha).

Looks like I have nothing to worry about after all, enough effort the next few 5 days and I know I can get the holy grail of the HSC that opens the door to All Rounders - a band 6 in Advanced English ;)

Flop21

HSC
Hey, so I've just heard for the HSC they get in an approved scribe from BOSTES, is this what you've been using or what you'll get??? I might have to use one. Really don't want to though.

swagmeister

HSC
Hey, so I've just heard for the HSC they get in an approved scribe from BOSTES, is this what you've been using or what you'll get??? I might have to use one. Really don't want to though.
haha nah you choose it, check the website it has heaps of info bro :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)