Likelihood of transfering from UTS medical science into med/dent. (1 Viewer)

Dylanamali

HSC
Hey Dylan,
Which 'Key Program" do you recommend that I should do or something that would best compliment future study for medicine.
Thus far, I'm interested in either the 'General Adv Sci' or the 'Biological Science' program. Personally I prefer the Biological Science program as I absolutely love biology :)
But I wouldn't mind either, also any other suggestions that I should consider?
Thanks for all you help till now :)
In terms of complimenting medicine, i think Biological Science may be your best bet - it includes units of chemistry, biology and physiology which may not directly help in your study of medicine but I would assume would make things that touch easier (still yet to commence Med - so I can't be too sure on this).
But regardless, I'd say just do the units that you'd like to do and believe can achieve the best grades in.

At the end of the day, if your unfortunately not in the "top 6" or surpassed the standard UMAT threshold, you'd want to maximise your GPA as much as possible and look at graduate entry as a viable opportunity.

In saying that, though, I believe UWS will allow you to maximise that GPA to the best of your ability - as there is no bell curve grading and the course is actually quite easy (first year at least, from my experience).

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Congrats Safraaz for getting into Ad Sc at UWS. Now the hard work begins!

Madridismo

HSC
And just to point out not all look at ATAR/GPA + UMAT. Only UNSW to my knowledge do that so far, some might look at the better of the two. (GPA or ATAR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)