Likelihood they ask for 2 related texts? (1 Viewer)

superstar12

HSC
Is it worth preparing 2 related texts for Discovery and Mod C? Or will 1 related text be enough?

Flop21

HSC
Do 2, but really it's only 1 extra paragraph for each mod, so you don't need to do too much extra work.

keepLooking

HSC
I have heard people saying since this is a new AoS they won't try to fuck with you but my teacher told us on the last day to do two related texts so I am guessing they may just fuck with us.

superstar12

HSC
I've looked all the previous HSC questions, and they haven't used two related texts since like 2008.

So undecided... I don't want to research for and write about more related texts unnecessarily...

Flop21

HSC
I have heard people saying since this is a new AoS they won't try to fuck with you but my teacher told us on the last day to do two related texts so I am guessing they may just fuck with us.
Yeah but you're teacher knows just as much as you do about what the question will be.

But obviously if she told you, "just learn one" and HSC decides to ask for two this year, well then your teacher just screwed up their whole class. So they kind of have to say learn two.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
The likelihood of the HSC exam asking for two related texts is highly unlikely.

Aside from not being done for the past few years, there would also be an imbalanced argument, with more explanation and detailed skewed towards related texts.

It's just a bit weird, tbh.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Unlikely, but don't count on it, have 2 prepared, so you can choose which one is better suited to the question.

pomsky

HSC
TBH for lazy people out there, just use your EE1 related to double up. Or even Mod C's related. Literally every text fits into discovery and different teachers would be marking each essay.

Fiction

HSC
TBH for lazy people out there, just use your EE1 related to double up. Or even Mod C's related. Literally every text fits into discovery and different teachers would be marking each essay.
"you must spread around some rep before giving it to pomsky again"
:') so true
And best of all, unlike your school teachers, HSC markers don't actually know who you are, and therefore can't check/ don't care if you've used the same related.

go_cadel

HSC
Just make your second text a visual, that makes writing it up easier (literally just need to memorise the picture in your head and a few techniques) and also won't push the word count too high compared to say another written text or a film

sy37

HSC
I'm using my prescribed text for discovery as a related text for all other modules, and even then I'm only doing one related text. If they ask for two I'll just use the short answer texts --> you only need a paragraph or so anyway...

mrpotatoed

HSC
You're allowed to use the short answer texts from discovery for the essay as a related!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)