Limitation on the number of units you can do? (1 Viewer)

LemonadeDan

HSC
Hey Guys!

So, essentially back in Year 10 when subject selections took place, we were told we could only pick 12 units worth of subjects and that you're not allowed to pick more than that. I was pretty devastated when I heard that since I wanted to do 17 units, and now I've gotta do some stupid 1 unit subject to fill up 12 units (since I'm doing an extension subject) so I was wondering if other schools in Sydney (or NSW) limited the number of units their students could pick.

Thank you! :thrust:

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
uh yeah I'm pretty sure no school allows you to do 17 units, how would that even be timetabled?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard of someone doing/having done 16.
Probably only realistic if you accelerated units and sat some of the units exams in year 10.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
One of my friends did 18u, but he did 4u math when he was 12 years old and accelerated another when he was 15, so realistically he "only" did 12u in yr12.

Unless you're accelerated, I don't really see why anyone would do more than 13u. Seems pointless, unnecessary, and a tremendous waste of (and inefficient use of) time considering only 10 units will count. Might as well focus your time and energy on the 10u that will count, with maybe an extra 2u (or 3u) as backup.

Last edited:

LemonadeDan

HSC
Well, my school has 7 periods a day which allows us to literally do every single subject every single day. Unfortunately, they don't allow morning or after-school classes, but that would be how they'd timetable it I assume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)