Linguistics tutor needed (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
Hi all.
I'm a first year doing ling109 and I need a tutor ( 2x 1 hour sessions per week). I'd prefer someone who's done 200/300 level ling or above who's tutored in the subject before. With regards to rates I'm pretty flexible.
Anyway, anyone who's interested please email me: redjelly_baby@hotmail.com
Cheers

K.

HSC
I think its pretty rare to be tutored at uni, if you're having trouble in that unit I think its best to talk about your issue with the subject convenor.

ALLLICE

HSC
If ur feeling a bit dumb with ling109 at the moment ur not alone...im doing it too and some of the stuff we're doing is a bit confusing...and other randoms ive met have said that they always feel idiots in ling.... i think it's just mainly a shock because we learn nothing like this in high school...which makes it rather refreshing in a way :)

For me this looks like one of those subjects i'll actually have to study a bit for...unlike history which is so wingable :D

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I'm a third year linguistics student so pm me if you're having any trouble. I did ling109 and I thought it was the easiest unit ever. The only trouble I had in that unit was when i did an assignment on experimential grammar, but after i did my readings, i was fine. :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
what are you guys actually learning in the course? i've done 3 ling courses, and doing a 4th now, as electives and i thought it was all pretty straight forward..but then, i don't go to your uni and don't know what you're actually learning in it

i might be able to help too, so pm if you want

hannahxxx

HSC
Hey marchetta. Have u tutored in it b4? I don't wanna be intrusive (lol) but how'd you go in terms of grades?
Thanks

Last edited:

ALLLICE

HSC
I've now decided that ling isn't so bad! I prepared for the tute this week :p...and it was rather easy... I think it's just that crazy grammar stuff that's hard... but semiotics this week=yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)