Literary theories & CF (1 Viewer)

Mercurial

Hey, i was talking to one of my eng teachers about response content in the HSC. Apart from the usual stuff about conventions vs context, genre manipulation, composer techniques etc they said its a good idea to incorporate literary theories to demonstrate to the marker that u can value texts from various perspectives.

I know we poly gonna get another one of them impossible question that results in a whole lot of "OMG and WTFs". But juz in the event that we come across a decent question, does anyone have ideas about how these theories can b integrated into ur responses?

Dahvood

i'm just thinking about John Dunne here.. i know its from the Advanced course, but the same theory applies

john dunne wasn't valued as much in his own time, because his love poetry didn't follow the structual forms and conventions of tradiditonal poems of the time.

is something like that what you're after?

Mercurial

yeh man, anything relating to cf and theories. Any ideas at all.
In particular postmodernism, modernism, structuralism (esp for flim), marxism (esp for cosy eg Christie), pragmatic, mimetic etc theories.

juz one question thou, do we get penalised for using 2U set texts for 3U and vise versa?

Dahvood

my teacher has recommended that we don't use prescribed texts from another course... not worth the risk

I'm actually doing individual in society, so i can't really help you with your texts

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
There is a fantastic book, i think i have been plugging it so much they will bring it back into print soon. It is called 'Form and Ideology in Crime Fiction' by Stephan Knight. The guys a well respected authroity on CF and the book is fantastic, it actually even has a little bit of Marxist theory about the bourgiouse reacted to Christie.

Like i sad, its out of print but any decent library should have a copy. Its been like my bible for this course. Hope you find it.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)