Little Fish (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Anyone else seen the new Aussie film Little Fish with Cate Blanchett? I had free tix to a preview on Wednesday.

I thought it was quite good. I enjoyed it a lot more than Somersault, I think it had more of a compelling narrative. Some really good cinematography. Many stars in the cast...

Anyone else seen it and care to comment?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
good stuff lengy....

yeah the local newspaper were promoting it

Movie_Guy

HSC
Dustin Nguyen any good in it ? I heard his Australian accent is godawful.....seems to be a bit of a problem for a lot of American actors.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You could hear the American coming through, however in the plot his character had spent the last 4 years living in Vancouver, so his dodgy accent seemed plausible with that convenient part of the plot! But his acting was quite alright, but the accent was a bit dodgy every now and then.

Movie_Guy

HSC
Sounds good. I'm going to watch this just to see how Cabramatta is potrayed. So you liked this more than Somersault ? I think they're different films though. This one sounds more like a narrative driven film wheras Somersault was more character. I quite liked it. And Abbie Cornish really is quite something. She lived up to the hype. I'm guessing Little Fish might be one of the more successful Aussie films of recent times.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah they were quite different but I preferred the narrative driven plot- Abbie Cornish was excellent though, but there is also some great acting in this film.

I hope this film does well at the box office, it deserves to.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
dont suppose it's a sequel to big fish, by any chance? *reads previous sentence...* i am so lame

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I saw it yesterday and I loved it although my mum really didnt, she thought the ending was a bit of a copout. I loved the cold chisel song and I thought it was a nice touch having the childrens choir from the cabra school singing it

funniboi

HSC
watch out for me.

you can possibly see me walking in the background maybe .. unless they cut the footage out.

:)

fantasia

HSC
so is cabramatta shown in it alot?

i'd check it out just to see how they showed cabramatta.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
heard great reviews about it :)

may see it during the VC break

funniboi

HSC
fantasia said:
so is cabramatta shown in it alot?

i'd check it out just to see how they showed cabramatta.

well there was a fake video store in cabra they set up and used, so i guess it would have its fair share in the movie. i think most of the movie is set around cabra? not sure. but i saw alot of filming :)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I can't say it was 'entertaining' but it was very engaging, very real and very confronting. I enjoyed it I guess, it's arthouse though, well that's what I'm classifying it as.

cate_7x

HSC
I haven't seen Little Fish yet, but I hope it is better than Somersault, which I felt was hyped up just a little too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)