.LocalIP Update (1 Viewer)

Kn1ght_M4r3

Hey there i just have one small problem, i want to show the winsock local Ip. Like it works but only thing is when the Local Ip changes it does not change within the program does anyone know why? :confused:

example
im on a network and it will display the network IP which is correct. But when i close the netowrk connection and try to update it, nothing changes.

textbox code is like this:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
text1 = Winsock.LocalIP
End Sub

any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
What do you mean by "close the connection"? What sort of network are you running and how are is the IP on the machine configured?

Kn1ght_M4r3

Um only 2 comp network. Running XP and yeah you have the network IP of 127.0.0.1 when there is no computer connected [turned off]

so when i turn on the both computers the network is up and running right. Ip of eg: 192.124.12.23
Then when i turn off one computer the IP should become 127.0.0.1 but it doesn't it stays the same as 192.124.12.23

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not that surprising since its the Winsock control :p. After so many versions it still has some quirks and bugs about it.

It'll either take a while before Winsock realises the IP has changed or it won't change at all. I would suggest using the Winsock API instead of the control.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Using the Winsock API is alot of pretty hard work :( and its quite low level as far as VB is concerned so it'll take a while to explain. Try this tutorial and see if it helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)