• She should pay it all

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • You should pay it all (y ??)

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Ok I checked my printing cost for the Civil Engineering computing labs and then I saw around $40 added to the bill and I'm like wtf ...

The story, cut down a little goes as:

I called it quits in a hurry to leave uni and go back home, but forgot to log off.
A friend didn't know it was my account and printed an unknown quantity of paper out and she was told by other friends "That was his account".

Then one day she finally decided to admit to me and said she used my account to print out lots of papers and notes but now offers to let me use her account to print off stuff.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Option 1) hmm, Transfer to Chemical engineering so you can get $30 FREE credit every semester.

Option 2) Kill the biatch (although this means youll have to pay the entire bill by yourself :()

me121

Premium Member
HSC
That's a shoddy system if it adds it too a bill. The CSE method is best, you get given like 500+ free pages, if you want more you pay then they give you more. If you try to print and you have none left then it shouldn't let you.

I think that person should somehow reimburse you for their printing.

gman03

HSC
Back in 2005, when printing in CSE was scarce, I paid $5 to get an extra 100 pages of printing quota just incase I didn't have enough to print my notes.

3 Years Later....

That 100 pages of extra priting quota is still in my account.

Is all depends where you do your FREE printing :)

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Wait until the admins re-ghost the systems or install new software, they do it every few months. Sneak in to the lab and print print print! The admin account was unrestricted print and download limit, I downloaded 1GB+ of data for my thesis when they were installing SP3, J Lo was not happy when he caught everyone.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yep, 400pgs for cse ppl, and get the bitch to pay u
EDIT: worst comes to worst, get ur trusty ARC lawyer and sue her, just as long as the ARC lawyer is her defender LOL!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
yeah its 400 for CSE but i dont like how they make this giant watermark of your username across the paper and the double-sided printing because i like to write stuff on the back.

i got her to print stuff for me instead of using my account shes next to me lol

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
Forbidden. said:
yeah its 400 for CSE but i dont like how they make this giant watermark of your username across the paper and the double-sided printing because i like to write stuff on the back.
Then turn it off? lrn2print.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Forbidden. said:
CSE Control Panel or how else tell me plz.
nah..

if say you are printing from adobe acrobat.

in the little text box near the top right type
-Pname.sgl

where name is the name of the printer. this will do it single sided without a watermark. .dup does double sided without watermark.

the thing that really sucks is it appears some fonts from Michaels physics notes don't work.. so it has all these gaps..

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Curry said:
Printing is free in mining.
Please tell me you abuse it.
Please tell me you print at least 1000 empty pages a day. then take them home and use in your home printer.

Or print 1000 a day and sell them. $$$$$$$

Man, im transferring to mining

HSC
I like the 'Make "alternative" arrangements' option :D

But I'd expect you to know all about logging in/out. I never leave my workstation, until I see the login screen.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:

But I'd expect you to know all about logging in/out. I never leave my workstation, until I see the login screen.
I've noticed that some engg1811 people can't logout correctly (just some). they log into fluxbox or something, then run vm. they manage to logout of the xp vm, but not fluxbox.

Starcraftmazter said:
I jsut set the screen saver to come on after 10 mins or so, and to lock the screen. So if i ever forget to log out, the lock screen should kick in.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Omium said:
Please tell me you abuse it.
Please tell me you print at least 1000 empty pages a day. then take them home and use in your home printer.

Or print 1000 a day and sell them. $$$$$$$

Man, im transferring to mining
We can just go ask for whole packs of paper. I usually print all of my lecture notes and online text books. Its pretty sweet.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
me121 said:
nah..

if say you are printing from adobe acrobat.

in the little text box near the top right type
-Pname.sgl

where name is the name of the printer. this will do it single sided without a watermark. .dup does double sided without watermark.

the thing that really sucks is it appears some fonts from Michaels physics notes don't work.. so it has all these gaps..
But I use Windows XP as my default session.
There doesn't seem to be a textbox as you see, but my CSE account expires at the end of this semester anyway because I won't do any CSE course next semester.

Starcraftmazter said:

That was what I didn't do that time.
LOl and then boom big bill

me121 said:
I've noticed that some engg1811 people can't logout correctly (just some). they log into fluxbox or something, then run vm. they manage to logout of the xp vm, but not fluxbox.

I jsut set the screen saver to come on after 10 mins or so, and to lock the screen. So if i ever forget to log out, the lock screen should kick in.
lol because many ENGG1811 people are n00bs but there are also those who code like pros

KD

HSC
N/A
Civil actually gives you the following free before you have to pay:

500/year (stage 1&2)
750/year (stage 3)
1000/year (stage 4)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)