Long distance relationships.. A smooth transition to living together? (1 Viewer)

absolutlaura

HSC
My boyfriend lives in Perth. Im in Sydney.. I've seen him for three weeks out of the last six months.. and everytime has been like a week long honeymoon.. its that kind of sickening disgusting 'we' love.
I'm planning on moving over there next year, but I'm not sure if my long distance relationship can make the transition into a living together situation just like that....
Even though we never fight, ever, we talk for 2hrs every night and I love him with all my heart..
Im just terrified of all those little idiosyncracies that rear their ugly head when two people move in together, espessially seeing that I have absolutely no perception of them due to the fact that I only see him in fortnightly or weekly time periods....
Eep. :bomb:

Pace_T

HSC
whether u move in suddenly or have a slow transition, either way its gona end up the same way. e ither u can live with him or u cant. if u move in suddenly it'll just make u realise quicker.
with that said though, its definately hell living with most guys, so get ready to crash and burn

absolutlaura

HSC
Yeah you're right. You men are pretty scummy :p As long as there's no wet towels on the bed and the toilet seat is down im happy..

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
absolutlaura said:
Yeah you're right. You men are pretty scummy :p As long as there's no wet towels on the bed and the toilet seat is down im happy..
Fuckoff, requesting only those two things makes you like, the perfect woman. You have more shit going on in your head than you're letting on.

Last edited:

absolutlaura

HSC
Lol. Nuh uh, I'm really really messy and unorganised, probably more so than a lot of guys.. but wet towels = wet bed and up toilet seat = sore bum in the middle of the night..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
absolutlaura said:
My boyfriend lives in Perth. Im in Sydney.. I've seen him for three weeks out of the last six months.. and everytime has been like a week long honeymoon.. its that kind of sickening disgusting 'we' love.
I'm planning on moving over there next year, but I'm not sure if my long distance relationship can make the transition into a living together situation just like that....
Even though we never fight, ever, we talk for 2hrs every night and I love him with all my heart..
Im just terrified of all those little idiosyncracies that rear their ugly head when two people move in together, espessially seeing that I have absolutely no perception of them due to the fact that I only see him in fortnightly or weekly time periods....
If you move in with him, it will only end in tears. But if you just move closer to him, then you should be right.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
absolutlaura said:
I'm in a very similar situation actually. My boyfriend lives in Vic and I'm in Sydney. We've made it to almost 2 years now.
I'd say the easiest way to be able to tell if you can live with him is to try to get like a month where you can go and stay with him, or he with you. Then you get used to each others 'every-day-ness' and the novelty sort of wears off. (not in a bad way, unless you find out you're bad at living together)
Good luck!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Lizakith said:
I'm in a very similar situation actually. My boyfriend lives in Vic and I'm in Sydney. We've made it to almost 2 years now.
I'd say the easiest way to be able to tell if you can live with him is to try to get like a month where you can go and stay with him, or he with you. Then you get used to each others 'every-day-ness' and the novelty sort of wears off. (not in a bad way, unless you find out you're bad at living together)
Good luck!
you aren't single?

:(

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Hmmm...

My friend is in a similar situation. He and his girlfriend were together for two years, then at the start of this year she moved from Cairns to here.

Bad move.

They are still together, but just. And...because he is still at school and she has finished there are wars between the girlfriend and the parents. Altogether its complicated.

I don't mean that it can't work...but.

Well...I have seen a form of proof.

Pace_T

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
Hmmm...

My friend is in a similar situation. He and his girlfriend were together for two years, then at the start of this year she moved from Cairns to here.

Bad move.

They are still together, but just. And...because he is still at school and she has finished there are wars between the girlfriend and the parents. Altogether its complicated.

I don't mean that it can't work...but.

Well...I have seen a form of proof.
just becoz of what happend 2 ur friend doesnt mean the same is gona happen 2 this chick.....
as for the toilet seat being down, y dont the girls just leave it up instead of guys leaving it down? damn bitches!!!!! inequality it is

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Pace_T said:
as for the toilet seat being down, y dont the girls just leave it up instead of guys leaving it down? damn bitches!!!!! inequality it is
Talk about sexist attitudes.

Loza33

HSC
Wow i was actually going to make a thread about this almost exact thing!!

My boyfriend and i were living at the same school all last year... we didnt actually live together though, but we saw each other at breakfast, all day and dinner kind of thing.... Anyway thisyear he finished school and moved to Canberra... we have seen each other a couple of times since for a weekend here and there and, as well, everytime it has been like a honeymoon....

Next year, im moving to melbourne and he wants to get a transfer.... and move in with me.... Im not sure if we could do that... i mean, i love him and want to be with him... but move in together?? Though how do i say, "Look, i know you are leaving the palce you love and friends and workmates to be with me, but would you mind finding your own place and living by yourself in a city that you have never been to? Awesome"

Ithink it would hurt him.... But im not sure if we can make the tranistion...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
ITS EASIER TO PUT THE SEAT DOWN THAN TO LIFT IT UP. End of discussion.

absolutlaura

HSC
SEAT DOWN = MODERN DAY CHIVALRY.. or as close as us females can probably hope to get.. :)

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I TOO MET MY TRANSEXUAL GIRLFRIEND THROUGH WORLD oF WARCRAFT, IT WORKS. COOL. WE LIFE IN A FLAT. YES.

absolutlaura

HSC
Pace_T said:
just becoz of what happend 2 ur friend doesnt mean the same is gona happen 2 this chick.....
Cheers for the vote of confidence :)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
There was a girl at my school who met her bf over the internet. He lives in NZ and was a friend of a friend. They talked and he came over a few times and after yr12 she ended up movin to NZ and living with him. I found it bloody freaky but she's still over there

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
absolutlaura said:
SEAT DOWN = MODERN DAY CHIVALRY.. or as close as us females can probably hope to get.. :)
Chivalry is risky business these days, you might hold a door open for someone without even fully seeing them/discerning their gender, then get beaten over the head repeatedly by an angry bull-dyke for disrespecting her as a womyn :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)