Looking for material/e-books (B. Prof Acct/B. Applied Fins) (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
If anybody has any material for the following subjects:

• ACCG200: Fundamentals of Management Accounting (3)

• ACCG224: Intermediate Financial Accounting (3)

• ACCT252: Applied Financial Analysis and Management (3)

• BUSL250: Business Law (3) E-Book would be awesome.

• ECON241: Introductory Econometrics (3)

Give me a buzz! I wouldn't mind purchasing it either, but I'm just curious to see what the materials look like at Macquarie (comparing it to UNSW).

Cheers.

Last edited:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
If anybody has any material for the following subjects:

• ACCG200: Fundamentals of Management Accounting (3)

• ACCG224: Intermediate Financial Accounting (3)

• ACCT252: Applied Financial Analysis and Management (3)

• BUSL250: Business Law (3) E-Book would be awesome.

• ECON241: Introductory Econometrics (3)

Give me a buzz! I wouldn't mind purchasing it either, but I'm just curious to see what the materials look like at Macquarie (comparing it to UNSW).

Cheers.
Why do you want to compare?

ohshxt

HSC
N/A
I have finished ACCG200, ACCG224 and BUSL250 and I have sample exam papers for these units. If you want, I could give you, but I am also curious why you want to compare too :drink:

Last edited:

mameimo

HSC
If you're looking to buy ACCG200, ACCG224, ACCG252 and BUSL250 textbooks, i can sell them to you. And i also have the e-book for BUSL250, which hasn't been used.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I have finished ACCG200, ACCG224 and BUSL250 and I have sample exam papers for these units. If you want, I could give you, but I am also curious why you want to compare too :drink:
LOL don't give them to him/her, they're probably working for UNSW. The lack of a reason = something to hide?

keithwf

HSC
N/A
Dont mind buying??? wow! u must be some millionaire's son or smth

isaac_0610

HSC
unsw would not use 224... because 224 stated it is published by MQ lol

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
LOL don't give them to him/her, they're probably working for UNSW. The lack of a reason = something to hide?
LOL I've completely forgotten about this thread. I wish I was working for UNSW, that would be pretty cool. The reason why I posted this thread is to gauge the difficulty of similar subjects that I have completed at UNSW, and to aid in my decision with transferring from UNSW to Macquarie. That's all, no need to be all suspicious. Plus, I wouldn't mind doing some additional study during the holidays so I don't need to stress during the semester about my GPA.

Edited: "Expectation" is the right word. :)

Dont mind buying??? wow! u must be some millionaire's son or smth
Keithwf doing an applied finance degree? Wow! You must be asian! (Not that there's anything wrong or surprising with that). :)

Last edited:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
LOL I've completely forgotten about this thread. I wish I was working for UNSW, that would be pretty cool. The reason why I posted this thread is to gauge the difficulty of similar subjects that I have completed at UNSW, and to aid in my decision with transferring from UNSW to Macquarie. That's all, no need to be all suspicious. Plus, I wouldn't mind doing some additional study during the holidays so I don't need to stress during the semester about my GPA.
Would you transfer if you found the unit comparatively easier or harder? How would you assess the difficulty of a unit? Would you factor in the differences in teaching styles, amount of support available, marking criteria, and the many other facets that make up a university experience?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Would you transfer if you found the unit comparatively easier or harder?
Easier, yet at the same time, I'd prefer a challenge which makes it more rewarding in the end.

How would you assess the difficulty of a unit?
Comparing UNSW's final exam papers with Macquarie's final exam papers. At the same time, I understand that there are other assessment criteria that need to be fulfilled e.g. participation marks, attendance marks, quizzes and so on, but not to so sound arrogant or anything, I've always done relatively well in those. However, the final exam is the only assessment component that has always let my WAM down.

Would you factor in the differences in teaching styles
One of my friends sent me a iLecture video of an Accounting unit, and to be quite frank, the teaching style wasn't that great compared to a similar unit at UNSW. This gives me the idea that I need to put in twice the amount of effort through the textbook myself whilst actively participating in tutorial discussion and answering questions.

Amount of support available
Support doesn't seem too bad based on the open day I attended on the 4th of January. :) However, I'm not going to judge it simply based on that day. We'll have to see.

marking criteria
I'm certain that lecturers and tutorials are prohibited in providing marketing criteria with some respects. Well, this was the case at my University. If you mean assessment criteria, then I had a look at a few subject unit outlines of a couple of courses, and it seems nicely structured.

On a side note: I was too keen in making this thread. I'm not even sure if I'll receive an offer into the program yet, since main round offers haven't been released yet.

Last edited:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't base your opinion of all lecturers and tutors based on one iLecture video from a friend, there are some that are great and others that are so-so. As for support, there really is great student support at Macquarie, especially the extra PAL classes and student societies.

As for marking criteria, they usually provide some form of explanation or feedback either before or after the assessments - that's only fair considering it would be impossible to students to predict what they want from us. Overall, the accounting units are pretty well run and the assessment structures are pretty consistent throughout the units.

Good luck - did you want to transfer?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I wouldn't base your opinion of all lecturers and tutors based on one iLecture video from a friend, there are some that are great and others that are so-so. As for support, there really is great student support at Macquarie, especially the extra PAL classes and student societies.

As for marking criteria, they usually provide some form of explanation or feedback either before or after the assessments - that's only fair considering it would be impossible to students to predict what they want from us. Overall, the accounting units are pretty well run and the assessment structures are pretty consistent throughout the units.

Good luck - did you want to transfer?
Cheers Atlas! Apologies for the late response, since I've been trying to "kill" time through other means until Main Round Offers are released. :)

Also: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=272287

I'm the same person, lol.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHA same person indeed!! Are you nervous about the offers?

Will you update your signature from B Commerce @ UNSW to B Commerce @ Mq when you get your offer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)