Looking to go maths tutoring - Talent 100, Dr Du or Mr Ye? (1 Viewer)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Still don’t get how private schools would pay different though. Since they’d still follow the teacher pay band system
@CM_Tutor
No, they don't. Anyway, those pay bands define the standard for the public sector and comprise minimum rates. Private schools pay more, often much more.

Even in institutions like universities, where there is again a grade and steps / levels within grades system, the rates can be higher because of additional duties. Every full professor at a university is on the same base rate, but most of them get more due to other duties. In the case of the Vice Chancellor, the "other duties" part of their package is probably at least triple the base rate.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Did you go to SGS? Cuz while vast the majority teachers were amazing, I did have my fair share of awful teachers
"Awful" teachers can be a subjective standard. I had teachers who were competent but who I did not find great / inspiring, especially for subjects that I didn't like, but very few who I would describe as truly awful in the not competent sense.

idkkdi

HSC
"Awful" teachers can be a subjective standard. I had teachers who were competent but who I did not find great / inspiring, especially for subjects that I didn't like, but very few who I would describe as truly awful in the not competent sense.
were sadler and pender inspiring?
basically learnt all of y11/12 maths from their books HAHAHA. refreshingly rigorous treatment for high school lol.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
were sadler and pender inspiring?
basically learnt all of y11/12 maths from their books HAHAHA. refreshingly rigorous treatment for high school lol.
Dr Pender was an excellent teacher. Mr Sadler was strict (and a touch scary) when I had him in junior maths but I never saw him teach senior maths. He wrote challenging exams, though. I only had one bad Maths teacher, who I won't be identifying, but he did not belong in a classroom.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Dr Pender was an excellent teacher. Mr Sadler was strict (and a touch scary) when I had him in junior maths but I never saw him teach senior maths. He wrote challenging exams, though. I only had one bad Maths teacher, who I won't be identifying, but he did not belong in a classroom.
Dr Pender is not only a gentleman, but a true scholar. His books = 😍

Scimat

HSC
Hi everyone :D

I'm starting year 12 and I'm looking to go back to tutoring centres, and I was checking our Dr Du because that's where some of my friends go. I then stumbled across Talent 100, and the course is cheaper (I'm looking to do Maths Adv. + Maths. Ext.1). I was just wondering about whether Dr Du or Talent 100 is better, since I've heard that both are bad and good 😅.

I used to go to Mr Ye in year 6, but stopped around when I started hs (if my memory serves me correctly-). I don't know much about it as it is, and was wondering if they have classes for Year 12 students. And whether the teaching style has changed at all (I had Mr Hu 😎), because to be honest, if Mr Ye is still operating I'd rather go there than Dr Du or Talent 100.

why don't you try out Kurt. I've heard he's really good

satvik_1008

HSC
Competition may have motivated some people, but history teaches us that collaboration is often the better strategy. It has been widely thought that the falling out between Britain & Europe over whether Newton or Leibniz deserved more credit for discovering calculus slowed the Brits for some time from advancing further, whereas collaboration of their different ideas enabled Bohr, Heisenberg & Einstein to greatly advance atomic physics in a relatively short space of time.
really? competition, the driver of our entire free market economic system is the entire reason why we have seen the greatest increase in the economic circumstances of the ordinary man since the industrial revolution. without competition driving people to engage in investment in innovative technologies and processes that improve productivity, society would not be nearly as wealthy as it would be without. collaboration is important yes but the biggest thing that drives us is spite and rivalry. See ww2 as an example fo this

satvik_1008

HSC
you would be shocked by some of the teaching in public selectives lmao.
agree there is a reason why basically all selective school kids go tutor for maths + sciences + english

the teaching in selective schools for humanities is pretty good though

satvik_1008

HSC
why don't you try out Kurt. I've heard he's really good
kurt is a ghetto, don't go there. 6 hr detentions, the place is brutal. Id recommend a place like AlJabr, a one man army that cares about his students or a well established place like Du or Matrix. If not that, go private, the 1 on 1 maths tutoring market is flooded with smart high achievers

5uckerberg

HSC
Funny enough Dr Pender for quite a while waged war with ACARA with how the syllabus is handled so I can see that he takes the education of NSW students very seriously.

Fujfuj fuj

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone :D

I'm starting year 12 and I'm looking to go back to tutoring centres, and I was checking our Dr Du because that's where some of my friends go. I then stumbled across Talent 100, and the course is cheaper (I'm looking to do Maths Adv. + Maths. Ext.1). I was just wondering about whether Dr Du or Talent 100 is better, since I've heard that both are bad and good 😅.

I used to go to Mr Ye in year 6, but stopped around when I started hs (if my memory serves me correctly-). I don't know much about it as it is, and was wondering if they have classes for Year 12 students. And whether the teaching style has changed at all (I had Mr Hu 😎), because to be honest, if Mr Ye is still operating I'd rather go there than Dr Du or Talent 100.

Mr Ye's hs part has been moved to Burwood, called JE maths. You can search Google to find out. I am studying there now. I think they've change everything now and you may have a look. Besides, they do have Ext 2 as well with a teacher called Emilie, who tends to be Mr Hu's wife. lol. O, i just hear that they give crazy discount to JR students 50% off. Pretty dope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)