Lowest ATAR in the top 2 schools? (1 Viewer)

Accurate

clix
HSC
What would be like the lowest ATAR in James Ruse and Baulko, if anyone knows.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Much lower than you think. I mean probably in the 70s. Most people get really high atars, but there will still be like a very small few who don't.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
You're assuming that everyone who does well in the Y6 selective test is guaranteed to do well in the HSC. That's just not the case - so much happens in in those 6 years when you transform from a high-pitched innocent pipsqueek to a young adult. There's bound to be some smart pipsqueeks who will suddenly feel the urge to be rebellious and slack off and not care. Every school has them.

psmao

HSC
my friend from James ruse says their average atar is 99.2 something ...

blyatman

HSC
N/A
No, that's their median, not their average.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Also some got in, but are intrinsically not up to scratch. They probably struggle during the last 2 or 3 years, as it dawns on them that they are not good enough to be in those schools. The reverse of this are students who fail to get into such top selective schools, for one reason or another, but who are actually good enough.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Overall I wouldn’t really worry too much about the ATAR and school rank. The reason why the James ruse students get high marks is not because they go to James ruse, but because they are smart students who would have still probably got an ATAR close to that at another school. At the same time a student not in a selective school on the average won’t be as smart and that’s why they get a lower ATAR. It is a massive misconception that a bad school ranking causes a bad ATAR. It’s the other way around if your marks aren’t up to scratch that’s what causes the ATAR to be lower. But overall as can be seen from people like myself you don’t need to go to James ruse to get a high 99 ATAR.

Jai2019

HSC
does anyone have a report/essay/writing/research about or relating to children and online safety. its due in two two days but i have an exam on the same day so i wanted something similiar so i can use it as a scaffold for mine.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
No, that's their median, not their average.
I wonder if they only quote their median ATAR because those outliers are low enough to noticably drag their average ATAR down lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)