[ m u s i c] (1 Viewer)

Sam

samboh
HSC
seeing as this will be the first one...
wat music do u ppl listen to?
i find it helps to listen to music at the same time that i study...though u gotta be careful as not to get carried away listening to your fav song or whateva instead of studying!

Alex

When I do actually study :D I dont listen to any music. I am a musician and I find I get way too easily distracted into humming the tune (even if it's Mozart).

im jess

i like ben harper :)
and i also like the abby dobson song "dont ask for more" from the secret life of us cd...... oh and also the remix of that heaven song !! thats cool
i listen to classical stuff when im studying tho...... otherwise i get distracted with the words

debugz

HSC
im more afraid of living than i am scared to die
im more afraid of falling than I am of flying high
but every moral has a story and every story has an end
every battle has its glory and its consequence.

:)

dissonance

Ditto to everything that alex said.

I love music but can't work with it around.

In terms of what I like I'll keep it simple;
Jeff Buckley
Something for Kate
Ben Folds (Five) etc.

+Jazz and contemporary classical

ben

I'm going to the No Doubt Concert (bows head in shame) - it's the weekend after the trials.

Oh and I bought the Red Hot Chili Peppers album today ;-)

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I still can't listen to music when I study. If I'm writing, I end up writing the lyrics instead of notes without really knowing that I'm doing it.

That's why typing your notes up on your comp is the way to go .. although ... that may not help either .. but I'll stop now :p

T

timbk2

im one of those who listens to music 24/7.
during Hsc.. it didnt bother me.
i kinda got used to it. it didnt affect my studies at all.

although u tend to start singing during the exam, it can be quite entertaining to the other students

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I *need* some music on whilst I do maths... I don't know how people do it in silence. Need something to get you going :p
I listen to R'n'B mainly but just about anything goes, especially music with a bit of base. Oh and I adore Nitin Sawhney's work too.
You know you never hear anything negative about classical music, it's supposed to do wonders so I am going to give that a go.

T

timbk2

listen to dance music late at night, if you are trying to stay awake at like 2-3am. Ones without much lyrics.
soo all you hear is *doof*doof *doof* so u dont start singing.

im jess

nah i get enough of the doof doof doof music during the day with my brother..... he bought himself some decks and a mixer and a hell load of records or whatever they are called, so whenever hes not on the computer hes in his room with the volume turned up load as it can go... its very irritating.... like today i got home, and as soon as i sat down and picked up my pen, just about to put it to paper, he goes into his room and starts playing it!!! grr!!!! he finished school two years ago, and doesnt seem to care about mine!!! and the other grrr thing is that i went to the library the other day, and across the room was one of my brothers friends who is doing the hsc this year, with his walkman in his ear, with the doof doof music blaring out of it..... i could hear it 10 meters away!! hehe, damn "doof doof" people..... :p

gabitive

HSC
N/A
what song?

Originally posted by debugz
im more afraid of living than i am scared to die
im more afraid of falling than I am of flying high
but every moral has a story and every story has an end
every battle has its glory and its consequence.

:)
What song is that?

gabitive

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by timbk2
listen to dance music late at night, if you are trying to stay awake at like 2-3am. Ones without much lyrics.
soo all you hear is *doof*doof *doof* so u dont start singing.
omg
that's soooo true
the last time i tried to work without that music
was the night before my 4u assessment, i really needed to study so i made sure it was nice and quiet

then
i feel asleep...
:(

tweakin

There is nothing better than some nice uplifting trance to help relieve the brain. :)

but id have to say drum n bass is that shite.

Alex

Just get those soundtracks which are the sounds of nature, for eg, crashing waves, owls hooting in the forest, etc... They are pretty relieving :p

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Dissonance - i am not really sure if you are male or female but do you want to get married anyway? I love Jeff Buckley, Ben Folds and Something for Kate!!
Ok, maybe i am a little hyped up on chocolate coffee beans but i still think you have cool taste.
Also Ben Harper is gorgeous and if things dont work out between me and Dissonance, i think i will marry him!!
Ok i will stop eating the coffee beans soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)