MacBook Air or Pro? (1 Viewer)

mollytee

HSC
Would it be stupid if I chose the Pro over the Air because of retina display and do you know if it's a major difference?

astroman

HSC
Would it be stupid if I chose the Pro over the Air because of retina display and do you know if it's a major difference?
well, you have to see it in person, the retina display is very clearly much sharper so it is better in that sense. Only going to be effective when doing work in adobe and watching hd movies. Do these things make it worth the extra money for you?

mollytee

HSC
well, you have to see it in person, the retina display is very clearly much sharper so it is better in that sense. Only going to be effective when doing work in adobe and watching hd movies. Do these things make it worth the extra money for you?
You're right. It's better if I see them both in person. I can compare retina display and the actual weight of both of them. Thanks, you helped a lot.

astroman

HSC
You're right. It's better if I see them both in person. I can compare retina display and the actual weight of both of them. Thanks, you helped a lot.
no problem, ask around and watch reviews on YouTube, it's a big investment.

astroman

HSC
If your still there, some personal experience advice: macbook's get really hot quickly, the CPU is 'ultralowpower' so when you are doing things in PS and browsing internet simultaneously, it heats to about 95 degree's+, also, Apple try to make the design as minimal as possible so there aren't even any fan vents and i think some don't even have a fan. This isn't something to worry about that much if all you do is light work, but be aware it will shorten the lifespan of your laptop in the longrun.

mollytee

HSC
If your still there, some personal experience advice: macbook's get really hot quickly, the CPU is 'ultralowpower' so when you are doing things in PS and browsing internet simultaneously, it heats to about 95 degree's+, also, Apple try to make the design as minimal as possible so there aren't even any fan vents and i think some don't even have a fan. This isn't something to worry about that much if all you do is light work, but be aware it will shorten the lifespan of your laptop in the longrun.
I didn't know that. I'll take that into consideration. Thankyou :)

imannnk

HSC
i just got the air and I don't feel like I really need the pro. The air is pretty good and convenient for class compared to my old dell computer.

turntaker

HSC
Neither,
I take notes on iPhone 6 Plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)