Major Project Question (2014/15) (1 Viewer)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Ok so I have to come up with an idea for my multimedia major and was wondering if I'd be allowed to take already existing characters and put them into my short film.
I was thinking of basing my film on my favourite video games and I was wondering if I could use specific characters from these games as characters in my short animation.
Obviously I would model my characters myself and what not (thinking of doing 3D), but since they aren't original creations of mine, I was wondering whether I'm actually allowed to do that or not, or whether our creations have to be 100% original.
I was either going to make a short film, or a music video - but using these characters since the song is about the game/tv show.
I know I could make up my own characters, but I really like the idea that I came up with and if I could pull it off I think it'd be pretty mad.
Thanks.

GregNorman

HSC
You should be able to do what you have said.
Just make sure to detail specifically and clearly in your portfolio that you have used the characters for educational purposes and were not developed by yourself.
Take no credit for it and it should be fine.
You should, however, consult your teacher if you haven't already done so because i am not a teacher but i have a class mate who had previously completed her major project based on an anime and its characters.

rawrliongirl

HSC
You should be able to do what you have said.
Just make sure to detail specifically and clearly in your portfolio that you have used the characters for educational purposes and were not developed by yourself.
Take no credit for it and it should be fine.
You should, however, consult your teacher if you haven't already done so because i am not a teacher but i have a class mate who had previously completed her major project based on an anime and its characters.
Thanks.
I ended up asking my teacher and she said it should be fine since I'm modelling the characters myself.
Now that you mention it, I will state in my folio that I've used the characters for educational purposes and that they weren't developed myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)