Major work -jerusalem? (1 Viewer)

Lailaa

HSC
Hi all,

How wise do you think it is for me to my major work on the arab israeli conflict?? Considering the amount of times it has been done?

My other options are the current afghanistan conflict (dont no about historical debate here thou) or the Arab-Byzantine wars in 7th-12th century.

All suggestions/thoughts much appreciated :)

gella

HSC
the arab-israeli conflict is on the hsc syllabus, so no

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi all,

How wise do you think it is for me to my major work on the arab israeli conflict?? Considering the amount of times it has been done?

My other options are the current afghanistan conflict (dont no about historical debate here thou) or the Arab-Byzantine wars in 7th-12th century.

All suggestions/thoughts much appreciated :)
You can't do the Arab-Israeli conflict at all - it is a major topic in the Modern History syllabus. Even if you don't do Modern or that topic at your school you still can't do this topic for this project as it 'significantly overlaps' an examinable topic from a SC or HSC course and that is explicitly banned in the Extension syllabus.

The Arab-Byzantine Wars sounds interesting and I would make a choice very soon as time is running out.

Lailaa

HSC
You can't do the Arab-Israeli conflict at all - it is a major topic in the Modern History syllabus. Even if you don't do Modern or that topic at your school you still can't do this topic for this project as it 'significantly overlaps' an examinable topic from a SC or HSC course and that is explicitly banned in the Extension syllabus.

The Arab-Byzantine Wars sounds interesting and I would make a choice very soon as time is running out.
Thanks for the advice. Oh, my extension teacher said it was fine, and 2 girls are well into their research already for the arab-israeli conflict. I guess its ok then as it is internally marked..He said we can do 1880s-1947 as this is only in the preliminary syllabus and thus does not conflict with the HSC one.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice. Oh, my extension teacher said it was fine, and 2 girls are well into their research already for the arab-israeli conflict. I guess its ok then as it is internally marked..He said we can do 1880s-1947 as this is only in the preliminary syllabus and thus does not conflict with the HSC one.
Yes you can do the period before the HSC syllabus.

Lailaa

HSC
ok Thank you.

I decided to do the current afghanistan conflict, dont know if ill find good debates between historians, but i love this topic, and thats what is important!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ok Thank you.

I decided to do the current afghanistan conflict, dont know if ill find good debates between historians, but i love this topic, and thats what is important!
You will have a great deal of problems finding historians writing on an event still in progress although you will find a lot of opinions about the rights and wrongs of the issue from a lot of commentators.

I would advise my students against doing anything this recent as their simply isn't the material available.

What about moving back to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and their war their as a precussor to this one - over 30 years since the invasion and 20 years since they were forced out (leaving the Taliban etc in control).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)