making a timetable (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
i have put in some subjects into the grid timetable maker.

now...what am i supposed to choose? for instance, do i pick ACST101 T1 just once in the whole week?

so i am thinking that i only pick the T1/2/3 or L1/2/3, depending on the subject, only once for each subject?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
u have to pick T1, L1 and L2, but only once a week... well, that's what I've been doing.

mememe

hey another question... when i'm doing my timetable i'm choosing all these 100-level prerequisites for 200 and 300 level subjects - will these subjects still definately be available in 2005 and 2006 when i go to choose them? Like, they don't drastically change what subjects are offered each year do they? i can count on them being offered every year?

Rahul

Dead Member
the bit that i have circled....i have an ECON110 and STAT171 lecture in the same slot....and you cant choose the lecture times.

that is a clash, or have am i lost?

Toby

hmm..
I think I had the same problem
But I'm pretty sure there are 2 classes for ECON110
So put your STAT171 lectures first, followed by the ECON110 lectures, then the tutorials after?
(refer to the enrolment booklet internal timetable thingy)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mememe
hey another question... when i'm doing my timetable i'm choosing all these 100-level prerequisites for 200 and 300 level subjects - will these subjects still definately be available in 2005 and 2006 when i go to choose them? Like, they don't drastically change what subjects are offered each year do they? i can count on them being offered every year?
There is no guarantee that those subjects will be available, but 99% of the time they will. The only thing that might change is the content might be slightly adjusted, or the unit code might changed or something like that. There will always be a substitute unit available, especially for core subjects.

bong

HSC
for any new acst students, acst243 will not be in your 2nd yr program, new subject acst255 will be offered 1st in 2005, 4 new others (acst354/355/356/357) will replace most of your 3rd yr exemption subjects and will be available from 2006

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
cool, thanks.

why cant they just give you a timetable like high school!
yeh i know! it's so much work! lol

doe

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pb
yeh i know! it's so much work! lol
the best part comes when you go to enrol, and cause your last name starts with a w (or an x or something) all the tutes/pracs you spent hours choosing have been filled, so you have to pick them on the spot.

mmm, mq love.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Originally posted by doe
the best part comes when you go to enrol, and cause your last name starts with a w (or an x or something) all the tutes/pracs you spent hours choosing have been filled, so you have to pick them on the spot.

mmm, mq love.
ohhhh shit... lol... well my last name starts with an N, I hope that's alright... but I need the times that I chose! I live too far I don't wanna travel a lot!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you have looked at the enrolment times, they have worked backwards in the alphabet!!

rahul - unless the econ110 are 2 hour classes, there is another session after the clash. if they are 2hr classes, yes you have a clash, unless you can find the L1 and L3 elsewhere

doe

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
if you have looked at the enrolment times, they have worked backwards in the alphabet!!
ah this is the worst thing for me. this year they're piloting online enrollment with selected degrees. one of them is B Comp Sci. what am i doing? BSc (Computing). do i get to enroll online? no. will everyone doing computing units enroll online in january and get all the good tutes? ho ho! i wonder ...

f*ing mq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)