Maq to UNSW (1 Viewer)

jasonmatthew

HSC
Hi, I know this may have been asked a few times but am not exactly sure.

I achieved a UAI of 98.9 and am considering doing Commerce/law at Maquarie University. However I am not sure about the law part but am willing to give it a go.

If i say after 1 semester or even 1 year, i despise of the law part but love commerce, can i transfer to UNSW and do commerce/economics which is my second preference and is done over 4 years.

Would i lose any ground time and would i automatically get accepted into UNSW because of my UAI?
Thanks Heaps

Affinity

HSC
You will very likely be accepted for transfer

kranqualizer

HSC
yeah i would like to know as well

is it much more complicated to transfer to another university? will the grades/uai be significantly decreased?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I think you can only try to transfer after 1st yr, if you failed to get a place, you have to stay at Macq with that Com/Law degree till your graduation.

All transfers are done through the UAC, they look at your UAI and your 1st year grades. For me, if I wish to go from UTS to UNSW Law, I need a 97+ UAI and a distinction-average GPA. For straight Commerce, I would think credit/distinction is enough.

I am in the same situation and can't decide whether to risk it by doing straight Com at UNSW or do Bus/Law at UTS then transfer.

While on the topic, may I ask why you choose Macq over UTS? Thanks.=)

M@C D@DDY

HSC
The best case scenario for both of your situations would be to do BBus/LLB at UTS and then attempt to transfer. With your UAIs and a consistent work ethic, it shouldn't be too hard as I know of quite a few who have transferred this year from UTS. Even if you don't get the transfer, a UTS law degree isn't going to disadvantage you greatly, later on (especially if you perform well academically during the five years). Unfortunately I have never bought into Maq and their law degree but hey that is my opinion only (and it is very possible to transfer into UNSW law from maq). JasonMatthew, it shouldn't be too hard for you to transfer into UNSW commerce if you happen not to enjoy law, but I am sure you will. Good luck with your decisions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)