Mark my Biology Please! (1 Viewer)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
So, I've been doing lots of biology lately and I need some help marking my longer responses so I can see where I am, and how I can improve. These are mainly the 5-8 markers!I would appreciate if anybody could mark them (harshly) for me and tell me what I could do better!Thanks!

2006 HSC: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2006exams/pdf_doc/biology_06.pdf

2009 HSC: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2009exams/pdf_doc/2009-hsc-exam-biology.pdf
2009 Marking guidelines: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2009exams/pdf_doc/biology-marking-guide-09.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

louielouiee

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Woops, they didn't upload.

All done now

deswa1

HSC
I don't know anything about bio so I can't mark them per se but just a general tip from the other sciences that might help here- its often a lot easier/better to use dotpoints, tables, diagrams etc. (not sure what which of those would fit for these questions- dot points would though) because you can fit more info in the same space and it is often easier to follow (plus it doesn't look like a wall of text)

smalik

HSC
q27 is done well but to make marking easier set it out under headings eg: Meiosis....... Effect of environment on phenotype..... (Insert example). The content is good, make it logical and cohesive will make the markers job easier and get to the 8 marks. Biology does not need to be set out like english so just make it easy to read.

louielouiee

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
q27 is done well but to make marking easier set it out under headings eg: Meiosis....... Effect of environment on phenotype..... (Insert example). The content is good, make it logical and cohesive will make the markers job easier and get to the 8 marks. Biology does not need to be set out like english so just make it easy to read.
That's a good idea, I'll try that in the next one I do

smalik

HSC
By the way what is the question for Q26, it just has writing ?

smalik

HSC
That question too is done well but also use the headings method. Assess means positives/negatives/judgement based around validity, accuracy and reliability. So set it out in that way. Just begin with Pros: Koch' postulates were used .... Negs: Was qualatative analysis of bacteria with no values able to be used. Judgement: Good but could have been repeated and used quantitative analysis. Something along those lines. Just dont waffle and put any non relevant information because it is ignored. Hope that helps.

louielouiee

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
That question too is done well but also use the headings method. Assess means positives/negatives/judgement based around validity, accuracy and reliability. So set it out in that way. Just begin with Pros: Koch' postulates were used .... Negs: Was qualatative analysis of bacteria with no values able to be used. Judgement: Good but could have been repeated and used quantitative analysis. Something along those lines. Just dont waffle and put any non relevant information because it is ignored. Hope that helps.
Will do. What marks would you allocate roughly?

smalik

HSC
With those I would say probably q26 would be a 6-7, the content is all good. Just need to be more specific related to the reliability, validity, postives negatives sorta thing. They are looking for that specifically. For 27 I would say 7-8, more towards the 8 because the content is all addressed well. The genetics questions I dont do as I have done communication so cant help you haha. Your knowledge is good and both answers could easily be definite 8. Its all about specifics. Its worse in chem i find but Bio can also be picky on that sorta thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)