markers-punish you or helpful.. (1 Viewer)

shazabdazla

in mathematics, do markers take marks off you for lots of stuff...or would they give you some credit for working out that was getting there??

Winston

HSC
they try there best to give u marks, they want to give u it for wat uno.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i was talking to my teacher yesterday (i only do general, but im presuming its the same for the higher levels) and she said that whilst theres no half marks, they will scrape together all the marks they can for you, they want you to do well, so anything that looks remotely like its worth something, they will try and find a reason to give you a mark for it.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah my maths teacher said that they try and give marks as much as they can... he said that in extension subjects, even having an idea which looks like it might lead you to the right answer may get you some marks.

Truly_bored

HSC
Yea, i believe that they don't take marks off...but try to give u as much marks as possible. And working out is important too...because it means that they can still give u marks even if u somehow calculated and got the answer wrong or if u wrote the wrong answer.....so working out is important and as long as u did working u will be fine

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by shazabdazla
in mathematics, do markers take marks off you for lots of stuff...or would they give you some credit for working out that was getting there??
yeah, i reckon they'll try very hard to scrape marks off u reckon, as there is lots of competition, they would wanna differentiate b/w the candidates that way.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
they'll give u marks for working even if the answer is wrong cos it shows u do know some of the stuff they're asking

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, as the others said, even if you show working, yet get it wrong, you will still get some marks...like this might be the marking guidlines:
correct formula /1
correct substitution /1
correct working /1
correct answer /1

i dunno if thats exactly what it looks like, but it would be similar...so say you have everything but the right answer coz u pressed a wrong key or something, you would still get 3/4

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they'll give you what you deserve

yeah as above, following marking guidelines, if you make 1 careless error and carry it through you will only lose one mark

PRSOV

Markers will give marks as stated on the marking guidelines, they dont discriminate against people, and only take marks off where applicable.

The markers try to give you the most marks where they can :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)