Marking: all online? (1 Viewer)

HSC
As per title: has the BOS converted all marking to online now?

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
I'm think most subjects' papers are now scanned, read and marked on the computer now (although are done so in the marking centres, obviously). I can't be sure of whether this is done for all exams/papers, though I know this is at least the case for a few subjects.

deswa1

HSC
Chem still isn't- I know that much. I heard that business is being scanned this year but I still think most papers are in hard copy

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Modern is only scanning the Core (I think Ancient is the same). These are then marked at home. That is one of the beauties of the online marking - it can be done at home by the markers.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Modern is only scanning the Core (I think Ancient is the same). These are then marked at home. That is one of the beauties of the online marking - it can be done at home by the markers.
Does this mean that there will be easier marking as the markers are more comfortable in their own home? :p

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Out of curiosity, what have you found to be the most stressful part of marking HSC papers?

George121

HSC
I know that all multiple choice sheets are marked through computer

Essays are marked by hand

I think short answers are marked by hand to

EDIT: if that's what you mean o_O

Demise

HSC
SOR is scanned, Business is scanned, English is scanned (I think)... Idk about the others.

Rawf

HSC
For short answers, when it says something like 'Question 17 ends here' are we still allowed to write beyond that on our test? (like below if there's empty space)
Or will that get cut off from the scanning? It would be quite evident if they had the hard copy of our test

George121

HSC
For short answers, when it says something like 'Question 17 ends here' are we still allowed to write beyond that on our test? (like below if there's empty space)
Or will that get cut off from the scanning? It would be quite evident if they had the hard copy of our test
Anything past there does not get marked

EDIT: Everything must remain in the grid that is around the questions

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If I recall correctly, anything not written on the lines is not marked.

deswa1

HSC
Nah they mark everything even if its outside the lines (at least I know this is defs true for phys and chem and I'm assuming for other subs too)

George121

HSC
That is a little unfair

For the SOR1 paper, the amount of room provided for the 6 marker was not enough (this was for my trial)

I'm pretty sure you can write down the page, as long as it remains in the grid

Rawf

HSC
Is this true? Can someone else reconfirm this? :S
Do you reckon it'd be safer to continue writing in a separate piece of paper or writing booklet?/whatever they give you?

George121

HSC
Is this true? Can someone else reconfirm this? :S
Do you reckon it'd be safer to continue writing in a separate piece of paper or writing booklet?/whatever they give you?
I have never been told about that

I was only told that anything outside of the grid area doesn't get marked

Rawf

HSC
I have never been told about that

I was only told that anything outside of the grid area doesn't get marked
What do you mean by 'grid' area? is that like.. directly below the lines? Sometimes I write to the very ends of the margins... is that okay?

George121

HSC
What do you mean by 'grid' area? is that like.. directly below the lines? Sometimes I write to the very ends of the margins... is that okay?
On the paper, around the border there is little black half-squares that create a grid around the paper, and underneath it says something like "do not write in this section"

Its located about halfway up the header and footer; you can't miss it.

As long as you write in between the grid, everything should get marked, provided the teachers know what it relates to.

Example: you may run out of room for a question so you add more points at the bottom of the page and specify what question its part of - That should be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)