Marks needed for 99+ atar (1 Viewer)

anonhello

HSC
Hey, just wondering what marks/ranks I would roughly need in each subject to get an atar of 99+?
So here are the details:
- my school was ranked 30ish in 2011 but previously we were ranked in the top 15, dropped a great deal but might rise a few ranks in 2012, hopefully
- I'm doing maths 2u, ext1 and ext 2, bio, chem and English advanced for hsc 2013
So with regards to that, what marks/ranks would I need for those subjects for 99+ ?
Thanks in advance to whoever bothers with this thread :)

enoilgam

HSC
For 99 at a top 30 school, my guess is that you would need to be coming in the top 10-15% of your subjects maybe.

anonhello

HSC
Really, only top 10-15 ? So to achieve 99.95 I'd need to be in the top 1-5 for all subjects?

anonhello

HSC
What happens if say you were in the top 10 for all asssesments throughout the year for a subject but then came 1st for the final trials (most likely the independent trials) and top 5 in the state for the external hsc exam? Would your overall final rank and mark increase significantly? Is it possible you would come 1st in your schoool for that subject?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What happens if say you were in the top 10 for all asssesments throughout the year for a subject but then came 1st for the final trials (most likely the independent trials) and top 5 in the state for the external hsc exam? Would your overall final rank and mark increase significantly? Is it possible you would come 1st in your schoool for that subject?
It's obviously possible assuming that the people ahead of you aren't too far ahead. By that, I mean, if you were say 10th and were so far behind by something like 50% then it probably won't be but assuming that you are relatively close, then it's definitely possible.

It's theoretically possible to get to the top.

anonhello

HSC
It's obviously possible assuming that the people ahead of you aren't too far ahead. By that, I mean, if you were say 10th and were so far behind by something like 50% then it probably won't be but assuming that you are relatively close, then it's definitely possible.

okay so what if I'm behind by 10% ? Thank you for your response.

enoilgam

HSC

This pretty much. Just remember though that these situations are very difficult to accurately answer, as there are a variety of factors which need to be considered.

HSC
The amount of 'marks' needed to go from 99 to 99.95 is nearly equivalent to going from 90 to 95 (scaled marks).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)