Masters of Law (LLM at USyd) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Could anyone help me out on this? I searched for postgrad masters in Law and the number of years required was

"Full time: 1-3(L) 1(O), Part time: 2-6(L)"

what does (L) and (O) mean? It also said Total number of credit points required for Master of Laws (LLM) (By Coursework) = 48
Eight units of study to complete chosen from the full range of postgraduate subjects offered by the Sydney Law School.

So if i take four units per sem, i'll finish it in a year? In addition, has anyone ever done this postgrad course before? Is it really tough to get in? Is the process as tedious as HSC? Thanks guys!

ps: many of my family friends' friends have done this postgrad course, so im just a little curious..
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I am actually looking at doing an LLM at USyd myself, if I don't get a clerkship or a judge's associateship.

Some info:
  • Masters takes 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time.
  • You can only do it once you have completed your LLB.
  • Sydney has 4 subjects per semester for its LLM.
  • Masters is harder than university level, and university level is harder than HSC level.
  • It costs around $16,000.

Last edited:
HSC
hmmm.. moonlight, i've read many of your past posts and threads.. you're very knowledgable! definitely do it (you're sure to ace it) if you don't get the clerkship thingo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)