• Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Mathematics Ext 1 advice for accelerated (1 Viewer)

caesar_salad

HSC
Hey guys! So I do accelerated maths and I feel as though I'm doing alright but I could do better if I had another year to prepare with the experience of what I've learnt going into the hsc this year plus many regrets; HOWEVER (cue the dramatic music) NESA decides to implement the new maths syllabus. Thanks, NESA I've seen my friends draw WONDERFUL venn diagrams in maths. :)
So I was considering doing the first year 12 exam for X1 in term 4 2019 and see if I'm doing well, and if I was at a good spot I would drop my HSC 2019 mark and continue the course and if not,I will just take my mark as is. But the thing is I'm considering not going to tutoring for the new syllabus (spent a good 2 years learning the old one); and my question is that, is the new syllabus manageable with old syllabus knowledge or is it drastically more difficult? Should I repeat or not?

Thanks, any opinion is welcomed. (beware I'm a snowflake lol)

vinlatte

HSC
Hey guys! So I do accelerated maths and I feel as though I'm doing alright but I could do better if I had another year to prepare with the experience of what I've learnt going into the hsc this year plus many regrets; HOWEVER (cue the dramatic music) NESA decides to implement the new maths syllabus. Thanks, NESA I've seen my friends draw WONDERFUL venn diagrams in maths. :)
So I was considering doing the first year 12 exam for X1 in term 4 2019 and see if I'm doing well, and if I was at a good spot I would drop my HSC 2019 mark and continue the course and if not,I will just take my mark as is. But the thing is I'm considering not going to tutoring for the new syllabus (spent a good 2 years learning the old one); and my question is that, is the new syllabus manageable with old syllabus knowledge or is it drastically more difficult? Should I repeat or not?

Thanks, any opinion is welcomed. (beware I'm a snowflake lol)
The new syllabus is dependent on the adv content, but I heard it rearranged a few of the topics so it shouldn't be too much of a change? Since you already have plenty of math knowledge from learning the old syllabus, I think you'll find the new syllabus easy.

If there are any 2020 yr 12 MX1 students at your school, you ask them about the content and compare textbook chapters from the new to the old syllabus.

Also, I think the venn diagram stuff part of the probability topic, it's adv math stuff and pretty straightforward.

caesar_salad

HSC
The new syllabus is dependent on the adv content, but I heard it rearranged a few of the topics so it shouldn't be too much of a change? Since you already have plenty of math knowledge from learning the old syllabus, I think you'll find the new syllabus easy.

If there are any 2020 yr 12 MX1 students at your school, you ask them about the content and compare textbook chapters from the new to the old syllabus.

Also, I think the venn diagram stuff part of the probability topic, it's adv math stuff and pretty straightforward.
Thanks, and yeah I'll probably just ask around but I'm pretty set on doing it for this term at least :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)