Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
I stated the domain of both alpha and x0, to justify using the composite angle. Will I lose marks (if any marks at all are lost for doing that)?
In a bubble I considered the case where the composite angles do not work, and I received alpha=pi (which is not true). But it turns out you're supposed to arrive at alpha=0 to prove that case not true. I must have made a silly mistake, but seeing as how I don't think me showing the other case to be false was necessary, would I still get full marks?

psmao

HSC
for the last question what I did was
i) equalling the differentiations of the two functions (as they have a common tangent at x0)
ii) consider squaring both side and use sin^{2}x+cos^{2}x=1 to convert into the square of sin are equal
then we notice that x0-\alpha and x0 can't be positively equal since ASTC and the range of \alpha,x0
iii) use ii) to replace x0-\alpha and consider ASTC but it doesn't work here again due to the range of \alpha, x0, so the only possible situation is the even property of cos.

psmao

HSC
what raw mark would you guys reckon for a state rank? Is 69/70 possible?
I was brain damaged during the exam I think, for the last mc I literally forgot horizontal line tests and vertical line tests rippppp

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
what raw mark would you guys reckon for a state rank? Is 69/70 possible?
I was brain damaged during the exam I think, for the last mc I literally forgot horizontal line tests and vertical line tests rippppp
Lol. I also got 69 with q10 wrong (misread it horribly even though i checked it like 5 times). I think 100 raw definitely AND a great 4u mark are necessary for state rank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)