Maths Ext 2 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
my estimate is 75 for e4. rui from atar notes said "This, however, has got to be the most draining MX2 paper I've done in a very long time. The only other time I recall of feeling so defeated was in 2018 or something where the chaotic Euclidean geometry question showed up" according to the raw marks database, in 2018, an e4 cutoff was exactly 72 raw but tbh i think more people did better in this exam than i originally thought so e4 might be higher like 75-77, possibly 80. a raw of 90 might then scale to a 95. would be amazing if it was closer to 2014 scaling, raw 90 scaled to a juicy 97.
What does he reckon raw 55 goes to lol, i think the lowest in my class reckons she got 55/100, hopefully it goes to like 80 🙏🏼

Chungus

HSC
What does he reckon raw 55 goes to lol, i think the lowest in my class reckons she got 55/100, hopefully it goes to like 80 🙏🏼
anything above 50 will probably be above 70, so probably like 74 or something

notme123

HSC
interesting they picked 16b, what about a and c? I wonder if just not many had a sufficient answer for c
maybe because b had the most marks.

plus i hate how they say this is the hardest q in the entire hsc. this is not it by a mile and a half because you cant brand anything as the hardest q. how do you compare this to an essay q where there are multiple right answers

Siwel

HSC
ikr it was pretty tame for being the hardest q. the only way someone can screw up is effing up the vomit algebra at the beginning.
they did hold your hand until the algebra, just the amount of variables i magically made a u^2 become u^3 and i wouldnt be suprised if others did the same somewhere

notme123

HSC
they did hold your hand until the algebra, just the amount of variables i magically made a u^2 become u^3 and i wouldnt be suprised if others did the same somewhere
it was t for me. for some reason a t vanished from one of the terms so my quadratic ended up having 2 terms as the constant, therefore the discriminant was fugly and basically barred me from justifying as well. i reckon recognising discriminant with a carried error will warrant at least 3 marks hopefully but maybe thats too lenient, ive seen other say that getting the quad is enough for 3 but i dont think so

Siwel

HSC
it was t for me. for some reason a t vanished from one of the terms so my quadratic ended up having 2 terms as the constant, therefore the discriminant was fugly and basically barred me from justifying as well
somehow my mistake turned out into great theta values so i assumed i had done it right...

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Just finished watching the video. My only criticism is at the very end he used a because symbol whereas he should have used a therefore symbol

notme123

HSC
Just finished watching the video. My only criticism is at the very end he used a because symbol whereas he should have used a therefore symbol
unwatchable. this kid shouldn't even be doing maths let alone 4u. jk jk but thats such a simple mistake how can you screw that up thats worse than my mistake.

Siwel

HSC
unwatchable. this kid shouldn't even be doing maths let alone 4u. jk jk but thats such a simple mistake how can you screw that up thats worse than my mistake.
yeah i would say messing up algebra is underappreciated marks wise so maybe i get 5, i did have the intent to get the right answer

notme123

HSC
yeah i would say messing up algebra is underappreciated marks wise so maybe i get 5, i did have the intent to get the right answer
exactly, might as well give me a sr at this point.

Siwel

HSC
exactly, might as well give me a sr at this point.
ngl for the weird circle and ln function volumes i somehow made up my own way to find the volumes rotated and got the right solution

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Matrix solutions: https://www.matrix.edu.au/2021-hsc-maths-ext-2-exam-paper-solutions/

Other sites to keep an eye on are

https://www.itute.com/download-free-vce-maths-resources/free-maths-exams/

and

http://advancedmathematics.com.au (Terry Lee)

Historically Terry Lee used to be the first with solutions up.

Recently he has been beaten by a few others.

Itute are very slow to put them up - maybe a month or so - some say they take a wiser approach than rushing to be the first.

Itute also seem to be consistently the most complete too - even putting them up for Standard 1 - which is very rare.
Matrix didn't put a dashed line for the straight line segment joining z=0 to z=-π. -1 mark.

notme123

HSC
ngl for the weird circle and ln function volumes i somehow made up my own way to find the volumes rotated and got the right solution
i didnt even realise you could do have a cube - a hemisphere i did a full integral hahaha

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
My criticism stands.

But I want to downplay it. It's not a great drama.

He went through quite a bit of hefty algebra and I'm glad he was the one doing it, not me.

Overall I think he did a great job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)