Maths Extension 2 Thoughts and Feelings (1 Viewer)

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
ik but i just want to know if dr du/kurt hw is really helpful to those who sit for hsc this year.
of course it would be helpful, but you would obviously have to supplement study with past papers as well

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
HSC Feedback Day 2023 for 2022 HSC exams presented by senior markers

If you want feedback on the 2022 HSC exams from senior markers, they will be presenting it at 9am in the UTS Guthrie Theatre Building 6, 702 Harris Street, Ultimo on Feb 25, 2023.

fx82au

HSC
HSC Feedback Day 2023 for 2022 HSC exams presented by senior markers

If you want feedback on the 2022 HSC exams from senior markers, they will be presenting it at 9am in the UTS Guthrie Theatre Building 6, 702 Harris Street, Ultimo on Feb 25, 2023.
what happens in these seminars? Do they provide hints/tips? or just general areas where students fail?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
what happens in these seminars? Do they provide hints/tips? or just general areas where students fail?
Syllabus areas where students displayed strength of understanding and competence in the application of skills will be highlighted. Areas where students experienced lack of knowledge, skills and understanding will also be discussed. Participants will be given advice about strategies that strengthen students’ ability to write coherent solutions under examination conditions.

fx82au

HSC
Syllabus areas where students displayed strength of understanding and competence in the application of skills will be highlighted. Areas where students experienced lack of knowledge, skills and understanding will also be discussed. Participants will be given advice about strategies that strengthen students’ ability to write coherent solutions under examination conditions.
would this be useful for students? or mainly teachers? I would love to go, but its a bit far from my area - just wanted to know if its something that would aid in my studies.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
would this be useful for students? or mainly teachers? I would love to go, but its a bit far from my area - just wanted to know if its something that would aid in my studies.
I think it is good information for students and teachers. But for those who cannot attend, they will be videoing it and will make the video available afterwards.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
One of the references in the article, "Lamb, H. (1923). Dynamics, 2nd ed., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge" is available as an ebook so that is easy to get.

Not sure if there is an ebook for the other one "Green, S. L. (1964). Dynamics, 2nd ed., University Tutorial Press, London" but I have a hardcover version.

Pretty sure they are both out-of-print.

So maybe your best option if you want the book by Green is to get an inter-library loan from your local library.

Last edited:

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
There is also a new article on this paper Q16b attached.

Beard, G. and Coupland, M., Resisted motion under gravity, Reflections 47(4), 2022, pp. 24-31
Where did you find this article

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Most students here would not have heard of H Lamb.
Sir Horace Lamb, FRS was at the University of Adelaide as its first Elder Professor of Mathematics from 1876 to 1885. His made major contribution to the field of Hydrodynamics.
He was a Second Wrangler (what's that?), while the current Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong, was a Senior Wrangler.
I happen to have a copy of his book: "An Elementary Course of Infinitesimal Calculus".

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
OKAY NOW THAT U HAVE TIME TO REFLECT TELL ME HOW HARD IT ACTUALY WAS
everyone. just overreacts after the exam bc they get fooled by their stress
but now tell me

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Lowkey pretty upset with this exam, Did the 2020 and 2021 exams timed and easily cleared e4 aligned, this year I am hoping for low 60s raw. NESA better make align marks significantly better to make up for just how much harder this test really was. Oh well, hopefully I can make up for it with 3u on monday.
what did u get

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Actually 1 question id like to comment on is 14 a) i. This is about linear independence which is an algebra concept that comes up in uni. From what I recall, I was not taught this in high school. Sure you could figure it out by saying they're not parallel but throwing students straight into a proof like that is whack.
for that question or like anything like that
in tutoring i was taught that
if they make u prove something that is obvious and that u just accept to do questions like obv if a b are two vectors equal to another a b the components r equal
then use contradiction which is what tue soltions used

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)