Maths Standard 2 Thoughts (1 Viewer)

sab13562

HSC
Hey Everyone! What are your thoughts on the STD 2 exam? Imo, MC was ok, along with section 1, but section 2 was quite hard. I spoke to my adv friend, and realised that we shared a couple of questions with advanced. Also, made this thread since it hasn't been done yet.

icycledough

HSC
If you don't mind answering, what were the hardest topics you had in your exam?

santavself

HSC
Hey Everyone! What are your thoughts on the STD 2 exam? Imo, MC was ok, along with section 1, but section 2 was quite hard. I spoke to my adv friend, and realised that we shared a couple of questions with advanced. Also, made this thread since it hasn't been done yet.
my reaction was that it was piss easy then i opened section 2 and just stopped doing the exam

HSC
The paper was pretty straightforward. I was able to finish with 45 mins left and check back over. The last standard deviation question was a bit unusual but nothing I haven't seen before. Question 21 had an error where the value of the investment after the second month was 15k ish instead of being 13k ish.

Last edited:

Annabeth_35

HSC
Literally horrible like mcs and section 1 was okay (I think I made silly mistakes tho) and section 2 was where it went downhill with those two normal distribution questions

nini.nico

HSC
the last three questions of section two kinda messed me up a bit
that one question about the probability of a random variable in section 2 had me crying i hated it
other than a few questions that i'm not completely sure about the overall exam was fine

sab13562

HSC
If you don't mind answering, what were the hardest topics you had in your exam?
the hardest question for me was the zscore and normal distribution for the male and female, as it was asked in a different and more complex way. The rest of the exam was okay but some questions required some pretty deep thinking.

sab13562

HSC
the last three questions of section two kinda messed me up a bit
that one question about the probability of a random variable in section 2 had me crying i hated it
other than a few questions that i'm not completely sure about the overall exam was fine
It was worded weirdly, it didn't make any sense, so i skipped it coz it was only 1 maerk

nini.nico

HSC
It was worded weirdly, it didn't make any sense, so i skipped it coz it was only 1 maerk
it really was
i was wondering whether my english was failing me or if the question was worded weirdly
too many big words for one thing in one sentence i was losing it so i wrote whatever bs and moved on

PC

HSC
N/A
I used the four lines to try to deconstruct the sentence. And then it still didn't make sense. ... is greater than 0.3 is equal to 0.3821. Honestly?

The last question was ok for a last question, but why do they have to word things in such a complicated way. It is possible to ask hard, challenging questions which are also worded clearly.

sab13562

HSC
I used the four lines to try to deconstruct the sentence. And then it still didn't make sense. ... is greater than 0.3 is equal to 0.3821. Honestly?

The last question was ok for a last question, but why do they have to word things in such a complicated way. It is possible to ask hard, challenging questions which are also worded clearly.
the 0.3, 0.3821 was complete rubbish, everyone I asked skipped it.

notme123

HSC
the 0.3, 0.3821 was complete rubbish, everyone I asked skipped it.
just saw that normal distribution question and my brain had an aneurism reading it but i got what it was asking in the end. it asked to show p(x>0.3)=0.3821. poor choice of wording. here's an alternative: Using the table, show that if a random variable is normally distributed with mean 0 and standard deviation 1, a value greater than 0.3 has a probability of 0.3821.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)