Maths Tuition (1 Viewer)

Maths Tutor

I am a maths teacher at a boys selective high school, and tutor in my spare time. 2 unit, Extension I and Extension II. I have been teaching for 15 years, tutoring for 14.
Any enquiries, email me.

Shocker_85

hi! :)
How much do u charge for 3 unit Maths and do u do private tuototing or group. If group then which suburbs.
Thanks

Maths Tutor

Maths Tutoring

I do private maths tuition. I live in Frenchs Forest, and am prepared to drive up to about 20 minutes from home. I charge $50 per hour. Sorry for the delay in replying - I check my email infrequently.

nakata

wow, no offence sir, but i think that is pretty expensive. That probably means that you are a good tutoror, which means its good money. But maths is over! hehe im cool.

Maths Tutor

Tutoring

I am asked whether I tutor for money, or to help people. How
many people here would do unpaid work for people they don't know? The fact is that people are willing to pay that sort of money - enough people to make my schedule pretty hectic. How much do you think a plumber or an electrician would charge to visit your place for one hour. If you aren't interested in paying that sort of money, then why comment? Just look for someone who is cheaper. That's what supply and demand is all about. By the way, very few people in my area query my charges. You're all obviously chain smoking, poker machine addict Westies, whose parents don't know how to hold down a job.

spice girl

magic mirror
Re: Tutoring

Originally posted by Maths Tutor
How many people here would do unpaid work for people they don't know?

You're all obviously chain smoking, poker machine addict Westies, whose parents don't know how to hold down a job.
I just love the way you apply your logic. They say that to be good at maths, you've got to be good at logical reasoning. hmm...

And besides, how many people here would pay $50 an hour to be 'tutored' by someone with doubtful qualifications?

Hence my earlier post: a mystery person...hmm...

nakata

You're all obviously chain smoking, poker machine addict Westies, whose parents don't know how to hold down a job.
First of all, i dont want to offend you cause your older, but seriosly, i think as a teacher, you shouldnt start abusing like that, even though you could be right. And second, even if you were true, qualifications as spice girl said, and proof of what you do is still needed. I havent actually met a teacher who spoke like you do, which probably may mean that your not that experienced, or your just a person who likes to speak his mind.

spice girl

magic mirror
Re: Re: Tutoring

Originally posted by nakata
First of all, i dont want to offend you cause your older, but seriosly, i think as a teacher, you shouldnt start abusing like that, even though you could be right.
correction: "you're probably older"

and you are ALMOST NEVER right if you say something like "You're all obviously chain smokers blablabla". It's an absent-minded blurt of insults that no one would want to buy, even for free, if not $50 for each hour of it.

Last edited:

Ozz^E

Ohhhhhhhh....Sorry Mr. Richie Rich. YOU'RE probably a PIPE smoking, money-hungry, Northy whose parents ....well...didtn teach u any manners for starters...and DO know how to hold down a job. Though their secret isnt too well hidden: five letter keyword starting with M and ending in ONEY!!

$50 dollar an hr. Mate if it were 6 unit maths or something, maybe but I think its a weee bit over the top for what your offering. Though many people around the world suck less informed people of thier hard-earned cash in similar ways...so look on the brihgt side: your not alone.

:D

nakata

yeh i know, to tell you the truth, i dont think selective schools would employ someone like that. And speaking like that would definitely get you no extra students for you to tutor.
For all i know, he could be jus throwing the 'selective school teacher' around.

zetijay

Blah

Mate, if my parents paid a tutor 50 bucks an hour, I'd drop the tutor and study 5 times as much and keep the money myself.

PS- about demand and supply and your $50 dollar per hour schedule that people are so willing to pay that its very hectic... well... just keep advertising on the board...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey $50 n hour is just toooooooo muchh!:eek:
no i can afford this rate! he is probably lying dat he has a busy schedule n stufff.....:apig:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
that is a crazy price for tutoring ... i would tutor maths for twenty an hour ... but im to lazy to travel or recruit students ... and its good to enjoy a well-deserved break ...

peterepete

HSC
i recently moved to the north shore from liverpool and i can tell u that its quite diff out here many of my friends from my new school have private tutors and pay as much as 80 bucks for 1hr and a half, a few pay 30 an hr but the tutors live in strathfield and stuff but basically everything here is more expensive.

PS ill be willing to pay spice girl $10 to watch me study hehe :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
fellas, this post is from january 2003.

lol, why you looking at past posts for?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)