Matrix ATAR Calculator ? (1 Viewer)

oh well

Banned
HSC
N/A
So once we get our marks for all subjects, we use 'Matrix ATAR Calculator' to estimate the atar eh?

It is quite accurate, isn't it?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I thought they're all quite similar, i use Talent 100 for no real reason apart from it looks the prettiest :L

enoilgam

HSC
They are all pretty similar - I would use all three on the day obviously. In terms of accuracy, they generally are pretty accurate, although last year, they seemed to be less precise than what they were in previous years.

hayhay2012

HSC
They are all pretty similar - I would use all three on the day obviously. In terms of accuracy, they generally are pretty accurate, although last year, they seemed to be less precise than what they were in previous years.
What is the most they would be off by? Like 1 atar point?

enoilgam

HSC
What is the most they would be off by? Like 1 atar point?
They can be off by a bit more than that. Generally, the higher a person's marks, the higher the accuracy - although I am basing that mainly off observation.

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
They can be off by a bit more than that. Generally, the higher a persons mark's, the higher the accuracy - although I am basing that mainly off observation.
+1, but once it comes to 99+ just forget about it.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There's about 7 different ATAR calculators that you can use. For me, as I received my apparently marks due to the results glitch (probably my actual marks), I get estimates ranging from 96.10 to 97.10.

qawe

HSC
N/A
They can be off by a bit more than that. Generally, the higher a person's marks, the higher the accuracy - although I am basing that mainly off observation.
That's correct, but you need not base it merely off anecdotal evidence - you can prove it mathematically.
It is a well known fact that the bell curve gets flatter as it moves away from the average/median.
There are an equal amount of people allotted to each 0.05 of an ATAR mark.

I cbb finishing this post...

deswa1

HSC
Also you'll notice that with the high ATAR's, all the calc predict pretty much the same thing. For example, if one calc gives you 99.85, all the others will be within the range of 99.8-99.9.

inJust

HSC
I'm scared cos in matrix, 3 marks in legal will be difference between 99.00 and 97.65 lol.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)