Medical Physics--what did you think? (1 Viewer)

Celestgirl

Smoothies
HSC
i guess some of you lost your concentration

apart of it, we know the exam was not easy but when we discussed it later we found it, it is just an exam that require you to think, review your basic concept and applies it to the question, it is not hard. let's say how could you answer CAT instead the question qave you the picture of Ultrasound and it also clearly states a-scans, sector scan and phase scan.... it does nothing with CAT because CAT is X-ray and the picture that result from this type of scanning system should be 3d and the picture is always clearer than ultrasound.... how could?

HSC
i talked about AC generators and transformer. Alternating Current provides the transducer to perform the piezo electric effect. Computers...transistors yadda yadda yadda,

lars101

I think I pretty much aced the medical physics, only lost a few marks, like maybe 5 or 6 out of 7 for the technological advancements, I hadnt learnt anything on abortions, but i just put down about 8 points on technology like the ability to make the machines bigger and smaller to get improved variety of angles and accuracy, advancement in electronics and stuff increase the precision and sensitivity of the transducers, crap like that.
most of the questions were pretty basic, although the gadolinium was pretty weird, i just assumed it had more protons in it or something and so could produce more accuracy, kind of winged that one, rest of the medical physics was pretty cake though, i only drilled the revise in a month for 2 days and i think i got 80-90 raw, hopefully

so yep, thats my two cents

HSC
overall it's ok, despite the lengthy 4 pager, it's got heaps of diagrams. I can't believe how simple the MRI q was - i'd expected something worse.

The 7 marker - i went into the little bits on the basic principles of how the images are produced, then pulled in the issues related to abortion preferentially and stuff, ethical issues etc...

canadian_123

has anyone heard of this method before in q29 ii about Gadolinium? none of my class had heard of it n my teacher had never mentioned it or Gadolinium before, so i just bluffed my way through it. anyone in the same boat?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
canadian_123 said:
has anyone heard of this method before in q29 ii about Gadolinium? none of my class had heard of it n my teacher had never mentioned it or Gadolinium before, so i just bluffed my way through it. anyone in the same boat?
It's not in the main body of the syllabus but it's a skills related question... you need to be able to interpret the graph and explain why Gadolinium is useful. I hadn't heard of it either.

H14. assesses the validity of conclusions drawn from gathered data and information
14.1 analyse information to:​
...​
d) predict outcomes and generate plausible explanations related to the observations
e) make and justify generalisations​

It's fairly wordy but I think it could fall under that section.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)