Medical science as a preference? (1 Viewer)

mel85

Did anyone list medical science as one of their preferences at UWS. I did & I noticed the UAI needed is heaps lower than unis like Sydney (90+), while UWS is sumthing like 66.6. I wonder why?...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The only UWS course I listed was Occupational Therapy.

What is medical science??

mel85

Medical science is a heaps broad course that goes through stuff like anatomy, lab stuff, etc, etc. It can also be an entry course to medicine if u pass with good marks. It seems pretty good.

Huy

HSC
N/A
It's on my preference, but not at UWS (nothing against UWS).
UNSW B.Med Sci (93.10?)

From memory it's about my 4th preference. :shy:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
yup med science on my list (last)

not sure but i think its coz the where its held the campus LIke if it was at parra it probably be higher

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Apparantly UAI is low due to low demand... more people prefer to do MedSci at USyd or UNSW

BUT don't do MedSci if you don't have a genuine interest in it, and if you want it as a jumping board for Med. My chem tutor is a MedSci prof, and he says a lot of his students do MedSci expecting it to lead straight to Med. Unfortunately the fraction who do actually make the transfer to Med is very small, resulting in a large number of students with a degree they hate

InvisibleCola

Yeah I put med down at UWS!!! The cut off is so low because of the demand being lower than for UNSW or USYD. But at the end of the day, the courses are exactly the same at both uni's so the only difference is the degree of difficulty getting into this course! (Oh and plus I live, what, 15 minutes away from UWS, Campbelltown?)so I could practically walk there instead of forever on the train to nsw or sydney!!

psycho_mushy

HSC
how long does it take for a train to go from chatswood to campbelltown campus UWS?

Dingo

Banned
with a UAI of 60s, you shouldnt even consider doing medical science at uws.. yes true, all unis learn the same things, however with a uai of 60s, you'll probably fail hardcore n e way. so why waste your hecs money for 1st year of failing...

peace^^

mel85

Who is actually considering going 2 campbelltown uws for medical science?

Dingo

Banned
a few people have said that they have if you take a look at the few posts on page 1..

peace^^

Dingo

Banned
well melanie, melissa, melgibson.. or wateva your name is, what high school did you goto?

HSC
I think the current bad publicity given to the campbelltown hospital actually may affect those studying/training there to obtain prof. qualifications.

It's true that UWS (Hawesbury & Campbelltown) is less preferred for Med Sc than Syd or UNSW, but I agree that the course is what matters NOT where you study it! I mean, you have to have the motivation and effort in ANYTHING you do because that's the way it works.

You fail, you lose. You pass, you win.

It's easy...but the work isn't!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)