Mediceine, How to get in? (1 Viewer)

ace_212001

Hello, I seriously want to apply for mediceine a at USYD but I dont know the methods or procedures to get in. Can anyone help?:confused: :)

timmii

sporadic attendee
uh medicine can only be applied for as post-grad (i.e after you have done another degree) at usyd. For undergrad med look at unsw, or even wollongong i think. Oh and melbourne :)

inki

you can also go to newcastle but u hv to do an exam and interview for entry into most unis
for most undergrad courses u hv to do the UMAT test but applications hv already closed this yr

timmii

sporadic attendee
oh ok....sorry :)

hehe, i evidently wasnt medically inclined :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
hehehe thanx for the consolation :)
As "protector" of the usyd forums i need to maintain some modicum of integrity and not appear *too* ditzy ;) :p :)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
um i think so and im sure that you dont get any advanced standing even if you did equivalent courses ( ie anatomy units etc...). To be competitive you need a credit average, pass the GAMSAT and be very illuminating in the interview. GAMSAT scores are valid for 2 years and can only be attempted in your final year at the earliest.

Giant Lobster

HSC
What degree is it? i wudnt wanna spend 8 years total (4 years for first degree) just for an MBBS.. 8 years is a Ph.D!

pri

HSC
N/A
7 years at the least thoug, i year more than a med student at UNSW, and same time as a combined med student, so it really isnt a huge difference

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
What degree is it? i wudnt wanna spend 8 years total (4 years for first degree) just for an MBBS.. 8 years is a Ph.D!
Just do Arts and it'll be 7 yrs =D

pinksurfie

If I were to do an Arts degree, which subjects would benefit me the most for Medicine? Chem, physics, maths??? Is there any limit on the number of Science subjects you can do in an Arts degree?

apollo

^^ If you want to study medicine at Sydney, the best way to get in as a post-graduate is to do the B/Med Sci course. That's what I plan on doing :)

Med Sci looks damn interesting to me - immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience, physiology, anatomy & histology, biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, history and philosophy of science, and a couple more subjects. It's the perfect lead in to medicine, because you understand the science it's all based on.

Oh - it's 3 years.

:)

DebuOfCourse

Originally posted by apollo

Oh - it's 3 years.

:) [/B]
It's 3 years without honours. Do you need honours to do graduate medicine?

Also, if you do an ordinary science degree as opposed to medical science, is it harder to get into graduate MBBS?

Also, how difficult is it and what is the procedure to transfer from an ordinary science degree into Medical science?

Thanks,

Dev

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)