Meiosis help (1 Viewer)

Fiction

HSC
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could explain a detailed process of meiosis for me? I know one parent diploid cell splits up to form 4 haploid daughter cells which are all genetically unique from the parent cell, however the process which this occurs confuses me (e.g Interphase, metaphase 1, anaphase 1, telephase 1 etc)

Thank you!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I don't think you need to know it in that much detail for high school tbh

Fiction

HSC
I don't think you need to know it in that much detail for high school tbh
more out of curiosity haha

My teacher did give me a handout, which I lost, which explains ^. I'm hoping it won't come up, but better safe than sorry

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Yeah what Queenroot said is right. You dont needa know the stages maybe just the interphase and metaphase as well as cytokinesis. But from what i remember:
Interphase I is the stage where chromosomes duplicate. Metaphase is when the the chromosomes align themselves in such a way so that they are both equidistant from the poles of the cells and the chromosomes are attached to the poles via spindle fibres.
Cytokinesis in meiosis II is where the two germ cells splits into 2 daughter cells (each is haploid and genetically dissimilar).

Fiction

HSC
Plenty of information on the stages can be found online tho :p
Asking because info on net - or the websites I've checked, aren't matching with some of the little info I am remembering haha - for example, one of them is saying prophase metaphase, telephase, and I thought it was interphase, metaphase, telephase.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Asking because info on net - or the websites I've checked, aren't matching with some of the little info I am remembering haha - for example, one of them is saying prophase metaphase, telephase, and I thought it was interphase, metaphase, telephase.
Depending on which stage of meiosis you are talking about.
For Meiosis I, it is Interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase and cytokinesis.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
There is also a prometaphase that is basically on par with prophase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)