Merit and Entry Scholarship conditional offers (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
Did anyone else get an email today? I have a conditional offer for and Entry scholarship as long as I satisfy ATAR requirement and am in top 5% of applicants, so excited!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Was the reserve list thing in the e-mail just generic?

It says I'm on the reserve list, but I didn't get invited for an interview? :/

B Engineering/B Science (hoping for adv. maths) btw
It should say on UAC, whether its a conditional offer, reserve list, not successful. This is what I was told regarding co-op.

alexandred

HSC
Got an offer for merit, conditional on >95 atar.

Also, I want to do Science (Adv. Math)/Law; does a science merit scholarship cover the years spent on the law degree also (the fourth and fifth, as I understand it)?

studybuddy101

HSC
also on the reserve list for science/engineering. Here's hoping i get a second-round offer

mariaerika

HSC
Did anyone else get an email today? I have a conditional offer for and Entry scholarship as long as I satisfy ATAR requirement and am in top 5% of applicants, so excited!
Was the 'top 5%' condition specified in your email? 'Cos mine only said that I must achieve a minimum of 95. Now I'm worried haha

Last edited:

moocow920

HSC
Was the 'top 5%' condition specified in your email? 'Cos mine only said that I must achieve a minimum of 95. Now I'm worried haha
Yes, it was specified because its top 5% as well as ATAR for some faculties. If it didn't say it in your email then its just 95 don't worry, and congrats :)

mariaerika

HSC
Yes, it was specified because its top 5% as well as ATAR for some faculties. If it didn't say it in your email then its just 95 don't worry, and congrats :)
Thanks! Congrats to you too! :) It's actually made me more nervous to get my ATAR haha i didnt get interviewed though :/

Last edited:

moocow920

HSC
Thanks! Congrats to you too! :) It's actually made me more nervous to get my ATAR haha i didnt get interviewed though :/
Well they wouldn't have given you a conditional offer if they didn't think you could satisfy the conditions, so good luck :)

Qb

HSC
I know of five others (as well as myself) who've been sent Entry offers for Science (4 olympiad people). Nobody for Merit though -- does anyone know the rough numbers for each given out?

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I know of four others (as well as myself) who've been sent Entry offers for Science (3 olympiad people though). Nobody for Merit though -- does anyone know the rough numbers for each given out?
There's normally about 8-9 merits for Science, but don't be too concerned about getting only an offer Entry, they sometimes bump people up to Merit once results come out and they know your scores. Also anyone someone with a straight out merit can be bumped up to outstanding students scholarship so then merits become available etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)