Messenger status (1 Viewer)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Do you mean the yellow bar that says "Username may not reply because their status is set to XYZ"? (I can't think of any other status symbol in the MSN Chat window, so forgive me...)

If so, I think you need to unpatch MSN, then repatch it, but without checking "Remove Yellow Info Bar". Removing the bar gets rid of the message saying that the contact's status is something other than Online.

Hope that helps,

I_F

santaslayer

HSC
I have the latest Messenger version and the latest A Patch. I found that it doesn't show the person's status in the chat window anymore. The status is still present in the Main MSN Messenger window though. (where all the contacts are located).

Help Please? :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
you selected the "remove yellow info bar" option in A-patch.

Repair MSN (by opening the install file again and selecting "repair" then repatch msn without selecting that option in A-patch.

EDIt: Something wierd going on here, Insert-username's reply is the first post?!??!?! Maybe related to the server change...

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Deus said:
you selected the "remove yellow info bar" option in A-patch.

Repair MSN (by opening the install file again and selecting "repair" then repatch msn without selecting that option in A-patch.

EDIt: Something wierd going on here, Insert-username's reply is the first post?!??!?! Maybe related to the server change...
Oh, stoopid me. Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)